Thirty four

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

''AND THEN HE LOOKED AT ME LIKE THIS!'' Sasha yelled, both hands in the air while she showed me a shocked face. She quickly took another bite of her food and I did the same, well, I tried to. I laughed because of the weird face she showed, waiting with eating my food in case I was going to choke because of eating and laughing at the same time. Sasha just stared at me, slowly frowning her eyebrows and pursing her lips together.

''Connie can be so annoying sometimes,'' she mumbles, taking another bite of her stuffed potato. The frustrated look on her face didn't match her blushing cheeks and I nudged her shoulder. She didn't budge, not paying too much attention to anything other than the food in her hands.

''You know ... don't people confess on festivals like these? While they're watching the fireworks?''

''HAAAA?!'' she suddenly yelped, taking a step back from me and frowned heavily, ''I'm not going to confess my feelings!''

''So you do have feelings for Connie?''

''I DIDN'T SAY THAT!'' she denied and stuffed the entire potato in her mouth as she mumbled some muffled words to me, ''I'm not going to confess to him. He can confess to me,'' she swallowed her food and gave me a playful grin.

''You know ... he might,'' I winked at her and she started coughing. She placed her hand on my arm as she started to cough exaggeratedly, punching her chest softly. ''Hey, hey, Sasha. It will be okay!'' I laugh, patting her back gently.

''Y/N!! ... and Sasha?'' a cheerful voice called our names and I smiled, knowing it was Hange. Next to Hange is Levi, who looked a little different than usual. ''Levi here had a few too many drinks,'' she laughed, pointing at the shorter man next to them.

My eyes shifted to Levi, who's cheeks were a litter redder because of the alcohol. I laughed, shaking my head slowly, ''I thought his alcohol tolerance was high?'' I snorted.

''Not when you drink as much as he did!'' Hange replied, patting Levi's back who just rolled his eyes.

''I'm not drunk, four eyes,'' he said. Subtlety has never been one of his strong points, nor is he good at euphemisms. He rolled his eyes as he was talking, ''I just feel dizzy. That's all.''

''Tipsy!'' Hange cheered, making me laugh once again. ''Sasha?'' Hange tilted their head, looking at Sasha who stared at your stuffed potato. I looked from Hange to Sasha, now also noticing she was almost eating my food with her eyes.

''Here you go,'' I sighed with a smile, handing over my paper plate and Sasha started eating the potato as soon as I handed it over. As if she was afraid I'd change my mind. ''Hm, now that I'm thinking about it. They're serving alcohol?''

''Aah,'' Hange's tone made it clear their tongue had slipped again and they scratched the back of their head, making a few more 'umm' noises. ''They don't,'' Hange finally spoke some words, ''but you know...''

''Ha.''

''Brat, where have you been? I haven't seen you since the festival started,'' Levi suddenly said, taking a step towards me. I looked at Sasha, who's eyes widened for a second before narrowing them, not understanding why he would care about where I was.

I couldn't blame her. Levi never cared about his students, so, why would he care about me? I know why, but she doesn't.

I didn't want to tell him about Reiner yet and ruin the night. He obviously wasn't having a good time already, considering the amount of alcohol he had drunk already. He reeked of the strong bitter smell of the liquor. I scrunched my nose before clearing my throat. I didn't want to lie to him, but I could postpone talking about Reiner, for now.

I can if Reiner doesn't suddenly attack Levi right here right now. But I'm just going to pray that doesn't happen.

''I was with Sasha!'' I said, trying to sound as convincing as possible. I mean, I wasn't lying to him. I was in fact with Sasha for an hour or so. I can just tell him about being with her and being with Tsukasa before that. I'll just skip the Reiner part.

''Is that so?'' he looked over at Sasha, who was still munching on the potato I had given her. She nods quickly, not wanting to get in trouble or whatever she was afraid of. ''See?'' I smile awkwardly at Levi, who parts his lips a little and stares into my eyes. I lick my bottom lip out of habit and watch Levi clench his jaw and quickly looks away.

''The fireworks are starting soon!'' Hange yelled, pulling Levi away from me for a bit and points up into the sky. ''We need to find a better place to watch them!'' Hange is right, watching the fireworks from here would not be as special as finding a less crowded spot. We were still standing close to all the food stalls since that's where Hange and Levi found Sasha and me. I nod, looking at Levi who was staring at me.

''Come,'' he says with a deep voice and I tilt my head slightly, not quite sure if he only wants me to come or if he wants everyone to follow him, ''only you, brat,'' he said right after he saw my face. Like he could read my mind or something. He leads me into the school and I followed behind, watching him move his head a few times to see if I was still there. I smiled, seeing him make sure almost every five seconds as if he was afraid I wouldn't want to see the fireworks with him.

He opened a door that leads to the roof of the school building. You know, those roofs you see in most anime. It was romantic and made my heart started to beat faster seeing a little smile grow on Levi's face. He licked his bottom lip as he took my hands in his, pulling me towards his body.

The loud yelling of people was slowly fading away in the background as I noticed Levi leaning in. His face came closer to mine and I smiled before puckering up my lips, ready to kiss him. When his lips met mine, his grip on my body became firmer and the fireworks started going off into the night sky.

He broke the kiss, the tiny smile and his glistering eyes made my body warm-up. He pressed his forehead against mine and whispered; ''I love you.''