Twenty seven

I know Hange is ambiguous, which is why I used they/them pronouns

I know Hange is ambiguous, which is why I used they/them pronouns. PLEASE correct me if I've made any mistakes and I'll fix them asap.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Y/N

Kaguya, Kurumi, Tsukasa and Eren shrugged when I looked at them. We picked up our trays of food and sat down at the table Levi and Hange were sitting at. I sat next to Hange, who immediately started to talk about the science project their class was working on. I just listened, knowing I wouldn't be able to say anything to them anyway. Once they started talking about something they loved, you knew you couldn't say anything but you didn't mind.

''Have you heard about the upcoming festival?'' Hange suddenly said and I narrowed my eyes, not knowing what they were talking about. I simply shake my head, letting them know I didn't know what festival they were talking about.

''The end of the year is nearing,'' Hange said and a smirk appeared on their face, ''we want to have a festival here at school. there's going to be fireworks and a little market place with different kinds of food, at least that's what I hope!'' they whined.

''Yes, everyone needs to work on it,'' Moblit, Hange's assistant said. Assistant was a weird word for what he did, but Hange's science projects tended to go ... wrong, a lot. So he was there to assist them so nothing would go wrong and the school building wouldn't get burnt down.

''Are we allowed to come up with our own ideas for the festival?'' Kaguya asked and Hange nodded their head excitedly.

''Yes, Kaguya! Of course,'' Hange answered, ''you can send your ideas to principal Smith or tell us and we'll tell him. All ideas are welcome''

I had never had to do this for school before. My old school was pretty boring, we never did anything together. Other schools would sometimes visit different cities, but all we had done was study, study oh and study. I grew excited as I thought about the festival. I loved fireworks so much and being able to watch them with my friends and Levi, hopefully, makes me feel happy.

''Levi! Do you have any ideas?'' Hange asked Levi who was just listening in on the conversation while drinking his tea and taking bites of the food on the plate in front of him. He kept quiet for a second and took another sip of his tea, looking like he is completely ignoring the question.

''No,'' he simply replied and everyone looked at him while staying silent. He noticed everyone looking and he raised both brows, ''what? I don't have any ideas for the shitty festival''

I couldn't help but smile a little, causing everyone to look at me. ''What?'' I gulp and my eyes widened, I wasn't the best at coming up with ideas for things like this. I rather wanted to help people with their ideas­— not come up with them.

''I don't know,'' I said slowly and I met Levi's eyes, who quickly broke the eye contact. ''What is up with him?'' I sighed to myself and rested my head on my hand, suddenly feeling very tired of the day.

''Levi!'' Hange almost whined, ''tell your girlfriend to come up with something!'' everyone looked at Hange with big eyes. Hange just continued eating until noticing everyone's glares, they adjusted their glasses and raised just one brow.

''Girlfriend?'' Moblit asked and my heart sank to my stomach. I eyed Hange, who laughed awkwardly, realising the mistake they've made. ''Do you mean Petra? I thought you two broke up''

''We did. A long time ago'' Levi said as he took a sip of his tea and didn't look at Moblit, instead he just looked straight ahead. His brows were lowered and his face looked moody, like usual, but since he was acting differently he probably didn't feel okay.

Moblit knit his brows together and I quickly took a sip of the drink in front of me. Nobody said anything so the tension lingering around felt weird. Levi sighed and cleared his throat, ''I have a new girlfriend, but it doesn't concern you. It's not your business, so you don't have to know.'' Moblit nodded and shrugged his shoulders.

''Sorry,'' Hange said and nudged Levi's arm softly, who glared at them with his eyes as stoic as ever. ''Keep your mouth shut next time, shitty four-eyes,'' he said and faced away from Hange, who tilted their head slightly.

''So, the festival?'' Hange starts again and looks at everyone, one by one.

''I already did my part. If you need anything, ask anyone but me,'' Levi said and Hange frowned their brows. ''What did you do then, Levi ?'' Hange genuinely asked, excited to hear about their colleague's input in the festival.

Levi just sighed, ignoring Hange. ''Mister Ackerman?'' Kurumi then asked Levi side-eyed her, ''why are you always so mean?''

''You're the one to talk'' Tsukasa whispered and earned a slap against the back of his head soon after. I giggled and watched Hange sink back into their seat as they yawned, covering their mouth with their hand.

''What's the matter with you, Levi'' Hange asked and Levi looked at Hange from the corner of his eye whilst drinking his tea still, ''you're so stingy''

''I'm always like this, idiot''

''See? Y/N? don't you notice it as well!'' Hange almost screamed and I widen my eyes as I nod slowly. Levi squints his eyes as he looks at me for a second before sighing and standing up. ''It's time for class, brats'' he said before picking up his cup and his plate that was now empty.

''Something is up with him''

''Yup''

''Definitely''

''I guess so''

''Did something happen?'' Hange asked and I sighed, ''yeah, Erwin told him to come to his office. Maybe something happened there,'' I replied and shrug my shoulders, not knowing anything else.

''I told you, Erwin knows. And I'm going to kill him!'' Eren suddenly says again and I sigh, slapping his arm.

''Stop saying that, you weirdo!''

''You all know Moblit is still here at this table, right?'' Kurumi says with a wry smile. She has her arm over the other in front of her chest as she shakes her head slowly. I look over at Moblit who has a confused look on his face.

''It's nothing'' I groan and cover my face with my hands.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Sorry this chapter sucks ): next one will be better I promise!