𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐥

"Can we at least buy you a drink?"

~~~

Kenna looked uneasily at Din as the three Mandalorians looked between them. Din sensed her concerns and lowered his voice so only she can hear him.

"It's okay riduur," He starts. "We might as well, they did save our lives after all," She looks behind him to see the Mandalorians looking right at them.

"I..." She trails off and looks behind her to see Anakin nodding his head in agreement. "Okay, we'll go,"

~~~

"Trask is a black market port," Bo-Katan starts when they all arrive in the common house and take a seat. Kenna and Din sit either side of the child who sits on a higher chair. "They're staging weapons that have been bought and sold with the plunders of our planet," The server comes by and refills Kennas' cup of spotcka.

"Oh...I didn't want anymore," He sighs and walks away, not picking up her cup. "Okay then," She picks it up and tenderly takes some sips from it.

"We're seizing those weapons and using them to retake our homeworld," She glances over at Kenna. "Once we've done that, we'll seat a new Mandalore on the throne," She says with a wide grin. Din sighs and looks at Kenna and the child.

"That planet is cursed," He starts with an edge to his voice. "Anyone who goes there dies," He then turns his attention to the other Mandalorians. "Once the Empire knew they couldn't control it, they made sure no one else could either," He says as Kenna stays silent. She wouldn't dare speak up. They are talking about their home planet and she is just a simple Jedi. She looks down at the child who's eyes are struggling to stay open. She decided it was better to tune out their conversation; seizing weapons, taking back Mandalore, the returning order of the Empire. That's something she didn't want to be apart of, especially after their little showdown on the boat.

"But Mandalorians are stronger together," She hears Bo-Katan says strongly. Din sighs and takes Kenna's hand in his beneath the table.

"That's not part of our plan," He sighs. "We've been requested to return the child to his kind; The Jedi," Bo-Katan looks strangely between the duo.

"You have one as your riduur,"

"I'm no Jedi," She says, gaining the courage to look at Bo-Katan. "I...I don't know the extend of my abilities and..." She smiles sadly at the child and runs a finger down his ear with the hand Din isn't holding. "I formed an attachment with him and he with me,"

"So?" The other one asks while eating.

"Jedi's must not form attachments," She says, looking at her. "I've heard what it can do to the strongest Jedi's," She glances at Anakin who stands behind her and he looks away. "If I was to train this one...we...well, we could both turn dark," Bo-Katan looks at the duo with some sort of sympathy. "I love with all my heart, I wish I could train him, but being the daughter of Anakin and the former Queen of Florrum..." Tears cloud her vision as she herself comes to grips of reality. There is no chance she could be the Jedi in his life. "...I could never be his master, it's too dangerous,"

"Kenna..." Din whispers but she ignores him and pulls a weak smile as she turns to look at the Mandalorians.

"Being a Jedi sucks," Axe says, drinking out of his cup.

"Tell me about it," She laughs weakly as the child crawls on her lap as Din releases her hand. He makes grabby hands at her necklace and then her eyes go wide. "My necklace..." She whispers and she snaps her head in every direction. The cot is gone. Her necklace is gone. She releases a shaky breath. "I'm going to go out, COMM me when to meet up again," She kisses his forehead and gets up, the child in her arms.