Chapter 42

"Ahahaha!" Carla bellowed.

Levi just sat there with a blank expression, not sure if he should laugh along or be angry at his mother-in-law's reaction. Levi's not even half of his story and the old Omega had tears in her eyes from laughing.

"That so is pathetic!" Carla laughs. "Asking my son to marry you so you can run away, that's too good. So good."

"Yeah, haha," Levi decided to laugh along awkwardly. Now that he was retelling the story, it was indeed a pathetic move. Lucky, it was Eren and not some ill-natured thief, a lot of things can go wrong but Levi's glad that everything turned out well. So well.

"Oh, Levi deary. I adore you!" Carla's laughter finally dies down. She reached for the teapot and pour herself another cup.

"Well, Eren did admit that he was planning on kidnapping me. I guess what I did turn the table around," Levi explained with a small smile while he took a bite of his grilled cheese that Carla prepared. It's just grilled cheese but it was ten times better than any grilled cheese that Levi tasted.

"Really? Hmmm, if so, Eren does have an eye for you. I knew my son so well, he can rob any bank he wanted but he never kidnapped anyone." Carla said then she took a sip of her tea. "I like you, Levi. I really do."

"Thank you," Levi lighten up, finishing his grilled cheese. "I like you too Carla."

"Oh, silly! You can call me Mom if you like!"

"I...um..." Levi hesitated, he was overwhelmed with mixed feelings. He's not even sure if he was embarrassed to call Carla "Mom" but more like, Levi had to get used to it. He's delighted that his mother-in-law wanted him to call her "Mom", the raven will try his best to muster the courage to say it.

"I like you, Levi. That's why I need to warn you," the old Omega's voice drop.

Immediately, Levi tensed at her words.

"My omegas are not friendly. They've known my son since he was a child while the new ones heard the stories from others. I can tell that every single one of them wanted to be Eren's mate."

Levi gulped. Not sure what to feel about that. He's nervous alright. The noise from the main floor caught his attention. He can hear Eren's laughter, followed by high pitch squeals and giggles. About a dozen Omegas trailed his husband's tail earlier, which means a dozen or more bitchy Omegas will go after him.

"When Eren was growing up, I forbid my Omegas from touching him. But now that my son's all grown up, well, I know that Eren won't cheat. Your mark on his nape prevent him so, but you," Carla emphasized and giggled. More or less, mocking him. "I hope you're ready deary."

Levi froze. He can't read Carla and here he thought that things will be good between them. Levi believed that his mother-in-law liked him but also it seems that Carla enjoyed a little catfight.

Levi clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. He's nervous, scared even but he won't allow those to pull him down. If those bitches planned on messing with him, Levi won't go easy on them.

----

"Here you go," the lean salesman placed the bullets on the counter. His eyebrows shot up when he witnessed how Levi expertly loaded his silver gun.

With his remaining money, Levi bought bullets, enough to kill any bitches that crosses his path.

"Who you shooting?" the salesman asked.

Levi glanced at him, then he smiled. "Nothing, just practicing with a bunch of female dogs." Gathering all his things, the raven went to the door

"Be careful with them mad dogs!" the salesman added.