Chapter 18

Levi scooped a ladle full of stew and filled Mikasa's bowl and his. Eren came back with freshly baked bread from Farlan, as thanks for helping with building the shed.

"Okay, I hope I didn't miss anything?" Eren awkwardly laughs as he sat down. Levi's sister kept glaring at him, it took his all not to turn melt on the spot. Though he had to admit, now that Eren saw them side by side, they looked so adorable! They are really identical twins, they are very similar yet different. Mikasa is taller than Levi and Levi had blue-gray eyes while Mikasa had dark eyes. Their dynamics are also different. Alpha and Omega, a good combination, Eren can tell by how much the female Alpha cared for her brother and Levi does the same.Levi cleared his throat. "Mikasa, this is my mate, Eren. Eren, Mikasa." He introduced.

"Hello," Mikasa said flatly.

"Hehehe..." Eren laughs awkwardly. He did panic a bit at Farlan when he went to get the bread. The blonde Alpha was understanding and gave him advice on how to have a good impression on his sister-in-law. Also, he was surprised to hear from Eren that another person got in the property but since Eren explained that it was his sister-in-law and ask ahead if she can sleep over the cottage. Farlan agreed but he wanted to talk to her in the morning.

"Mikasa, you should be thankful to Eren. He's the one who saved me from Rogue." Levi said calmly. He wanted this to work, yes, he missed his sister but he didn't expect that she'll show up so soon.

"So you did get kidnapped?!"

"Yes, it was a long story. Rogue robbed our parents' pawnshop, I was deciding to run away that night. Then he saw me." Levi looked away, he doesn't like lying to his sister after years they never hid anything from one another but Levi had to remind himself that he is doing this to save Eren. For his Alpha. But he also spared some of the truth.

"Runaway?" Mikasa stared at her brother.

"They are setting me to an Alpha I never met!" Levi snapped.

"I thought you'll take over the pawnshop," Mikasa said quietly.

"They never cared or trust me in the first place, Mika." Levi frowned.

Eren watched them silently while eating his stew. He hated seeing Levi down like this. Under the table, he kicked his foot on Levi's, when the said Omega turned to him, he gave him his biggest smile, making his mate smile in return.

That smile was all Levi needed. Straightening in his seat, he continued his story. "Rogue didn't do anything to me, though, he did feed me. He was planning on taking some ransom from our parents but when he noticed that our folks didn't make any move, he left me in a town and went off at south."

"Do you remember his face?"

"I...." Levi paused for effect. "He had a scarf over his face but I saw his eyes, they were blue and his hair is pale yellow."

Mikasa lean back at her chair, Levi can see the gears turning in her head, keeping his description in her memory.

"Then Eren saw me," Levi looked up from his Alpha with a smile. "He said I looked like a lost, spoiled brat. He was working in one of the farms there, he took me in and feed me. When his contract is done on that farm, he asked me if I wanted to join him. And I said yes."

"But why didn't you just bring my brother back home?" She gave Eren a pointed look.

Eren switched his gaze to Levi and back to Mikasa. "Because he doesn't want to go back."

"Mika, to you, our parents were great but to me... I don't get the same treatment." Levi sighs.

"I... I just can't believe it..." Mikasa said, defeated.