Chapter 43

Rose Wall had improved since Eren last visited. The cushioned love seat on where he was sitting with his friends was new, as well as the bronze candle holders on every table. Eren also noted that this year's theme is red and gold. Red table cloths on every round table, there were gold trimmings on the stage. All the wooden chairs were painted gold as well and every corner had tall gold vases filled with red roses. His mother did outdo herself this year, even the Omegas clothes were red and gold. But Eren didn't pay too much attention to anyone or anything, all his eyes were on Levi.

"Eren, are you listening?"

"Huh?" Eren glanced at Hitch. Hitch was one of the Omegas that he grew up with only a year older than him. He barely paid full attention to everyone, after Levi said that he and Erwin had a conversation, Eren's not okay with that.

Looking over to the bar several times where his mate was, the raven was sitting next to Erwin and for some reason, they were talking. Eren wanted to join his mate and sit between them but he had to finish his job first.

Hitch glanced at where the brunette was staring and smiled. "That's the commander."

"Odd for him to be here," one of the omegas purred.

"Such a poor soul," another said.

"Tell me everything you guys know," Eren focused on the group of Omegas around him. More than willing to get over his business with them.

"One of Smith's employees visited here. James was his name," Hitch supplied. "He said something about Erwin and his father fought."

"I know that already," Eren sighed.

"I heard that they'll be expanding the bank," another said.

"Hmmm," Eren hummed. "Interesting."

"Tonight, James planned on hiring me again. I'll get as much information that you need," Hitch giggled. "Of course, there is always an exchange."

"What do you want?" Eren said promptly.

"A house."

"What? Hitch are you-"

"I'm bored with this job. I've been here for more than my life, I want my place and practically do nothing."

"Do you guys know?" Eren asked the other Omegas.

"Of course, Carla too," a male Omega chirp.

"It's fine though, another lass will take her place," one of the younger Omegas said and pointed at herself.

"Is a house all you need?" Eren turned back to Hitch.

"Yeah, it will save me a ton of money hun," Hitch smiled, her gaze drifted on Levi at the bar. "That raven is very interesting..."

Eren glared at her. "Guys, come on. Levi's not going to work here. Putting him on your silly little test is useless." The Alpha knew what everyone was planning. Every time a new omega stepped in the brothel they had to go through some type of test. Every test is different for everyone, so no one can prepare for it.

"Unfair," another whined. "But he's an Omega." The others agreed.

"You guys are being bitches, you know that?" Eren grumbled and stood. "I expected every bit of information that you guys get by tomorrow."

"Look forward to it babe!" one of the newer omegas, sang.

Eren rolled his eyes at them and went to his mate. Some regular customers attempted to stop and asked him to join them in drinking. It almost took Eren more time than it should to get to his mate on the bar. When he arrived, he felt anger rise when Levi laughed slightly at something that Erwin said.