Chapter 9

Compared to the previous town that they stayed in, Levi found this town relaxing. Unlike the previous town, this one, the roads and the streets were not packed. And the town looked healthy with all the potted plants neatly arranged on the sides.

Inhaling the fresh air, Levi relaxed on the bench. He can hear Eren's voice around the corner, probably talking to farmers who are looking for some extra pair of hands and is willing to give them shelter.

Titan snorted on his side. The black stallion doesn't like being tied down.

In order to save his clothes and skin from getting horse snot, Levi scooted away from the irritated beast.

Huffing, the raven promised himself to get a well behaved horse at least. Titan doesn't have problems on carrying both of them, actually the horse liked to moved in general and can't stay still on one place.

"Levi!"

Levi perked up at the sound of his name. Eren is approaching him with another guy that looked like their age with blonde hair. Levi stands up and meet them half way.

"Levi, this is Farlan. He owned a farm and they breed horses!"

"Nice to meet you," Levi smiled and offered his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine," Farlan accepted his hand and give it a quick shake. "My mate and I just settled here last year, there's too much work for both of us. I can promise a cottage but the amount of your pay is well...."

"It's fine, what matter is we have a place to stay, right?" Eren reassured, draping his arm on Levi's shoulder.

"Yeah," Levi added. Yeah, they still have plenty of money enough to buy land after Eren sold all the jewelries. Even if they spend a month on the hotel, they still have enough spare to stay there for a year.

"Really? You'll take the job?" Farlan beamed.

The two nods and they followed Farlan to his property. The farm is in a good distance away from the town, it was quite and the wildlife were free to run around. The fields looked greener with pop of colors from wild flowers.

Levi looked back at Eren with worry. Just seeing those flowers made the raven panic but the Alpha just smiled and pulled his bandana on his nose to save the smaller male from worry.

"Here we are, welcome I guess?" Farlan awkwardly said.

"Wow," they both said in unison. The farm had horses everywhere. Some colts were happily racing on the spacious fields while the adults were calmly grazing on the grass. In the middle of the field sits small house with a well maintained flowers patches surrounds every corner.

"The cottage is at the back, because of the crops we used to feed the horses were hard to come by on the market, my mate and I decided to grow our own." Farlan explained as he get out of his horse and went to open the gates.

They proceed to the back where the farm is located, just a few meters away. Levi relaxed seeing the cottage is free of flowers.

Farlan left to fetched his mate while the two get settled on the cottage.

When the two saw the bed, they both fall back on it. Finally feeling the exhaustion taking toll on their bodies.
The cottage had only one bed but it is big enough for two people. Not they they both mind sleeping in one bed.

An annoyed huff coming from the black stallion outside pulled they both back from sleep.

"Should Titan be tired than us?" Levi asked, he can practically imagine Titan outside trying to snap his rope.