Chapter 27

"And that's how I dreamed to be a ranger and how I became one," Erwin finished proudly.

"That's great! Who knew that the training was brutal! Right, Levi?"

"What?" Levi asked, completely dazed.

Joining on the journey with Erwin Smith is not bad, it was terrible! Levi decided to travel in between the two Alphas. One, if Erwin noticed something going with Eren, Levi will claw his face and two, to keep an eye on him. Both reasons were similar alright but it's for the best. Then he regretted because as they travel out of town, Erwin started talking the raven's ear out.

It started with his boring rich ass childhood and how he was having a hard time during the training because he grew up with a silver spoon on his mouth. How his mother embarrassed him when she visited her 'baby boy' during training and how he almost break every bone in his body on his first mission as a ranger and fucking finally, how he earned the title 'commander'. Levi just summarized Erwin's three-hour life story and he hates himself because this just proved that the raven was listening.

"Levi," Eren called out again, leaning on Titan to whisper at him. "Say something and be nice."

"Ugh," Levi rolled his eyes at him before turning to Erwin. "Yes, it's a great story."

"Thank you, guys!" Erwin cheered. "Now, I'll tell you guys how I encounter Rouge-"

"-I guess, that's enough storytime." Levi cuts in. Not that he is worried about hearing how Eren cut off his arm but he really needs some peace and quiet after three hours of listening to the blonde Alpha's buzzing voice.

"I'll gladly listen," Eren added.

Levi snapped at him, glaring daggers at him. "Oh, look the sun, it's setting. Shouldn't we start preparing for dinner?" He raises a brow at his mate.

Eren audibly gulped. "Sure, honey!"

"Don't call me that," Levi hissed under his breath.

"Umm... I think Levi is right," Erwin interfered. "Are you guys okay with the location?"

Levi glanced at the field next to the road, it is flat with fresh green grass and minimal shrubs which mean less possibility that snakes can crawl in and bite his toes. Plus, there is a steady stream below the meadow where they can get some water. Maybe this is a good spot for a camp.

"Your choice, honey~" Eren teased next to him.

"This spot will do," Levi guided Green Tea to the field. If Eren calls him honey again, he'll surely punch the brunette.

"Alright, let's get to work!" Erwin beamed, making Levi wondered if this is the giant blonde's first time camping out.

"I'll build the fire," Eren jumped off of Titan, tying down the black stallion and helped his mate off of his horse before he bolted to gathering firewood in the nearby grove.

Now that Levi is off his horse, he looked for a spot to sleep in. Before the sun fully set, the raven picked a spot. It is much flatter than most area, however, flowers are growing on it, leaving him no choice but to pluck each and one of it. This caught Erwin's attention.

Levi was on his hands in knees when Erwin came in with an innocent smile. "Hi, so... Why are you picking the flowers? They all look beautiful."

Levi sighed and look back at him. "Eren is allergic to pollen."

"Oh, I see. Umm... Allow me to help you," The blonde offered.

"No, it's alright. I can handle this, why don't you prepare yourself dinner." Levi suggested as he pulled some of the long weeds along with the flowers.