Chapter 40

"Is that the town?" Erwin pointed at the buildings on the horizon.

"It is," Eren smiled. "Nothing had changed, I guess," he noted as they continued down the path. The narrow road to the town was the same in his memory when he left.

As they drew closer, the brunette Alpha noticed that the town did change throughout the year but not a lot. New buildings were built, such as houses and a post office. The general store got bigger as well as the entertainment house.

Eren paused at the gate of the town, he had noticed that Levi had been quiet, not that he was talking since they left the Indian's camp but this time, it felt different.

Erwin moved ahead, leaving the two mates to settle down their argument. He's been attempting to ride ahead throughout the journey but he always fails, because Eren would join him. But this time, Eren didn't follow him. The blonde Alpha smiled and decided to visit the ranger post of the town.

Eren pulled his reins to look at his mate. They can't stay silent with a problem hanging over their heads forever. Even if the Alpha knew that Levi won't listen to him, Eren will try to keep his temper at bay and have a decent conversation with his mate.

He noticed how nervous Levi was by the way he held Green Tea's reins tightly. How his eyes stared at the town with the anxiety of meeting his mother-in-law.

Eren cleared his throat and offered his mate a smile. He knew his mother will love Levi. "You okay?"

Levi turned his gaze to his Alpha. He hummed and nodded. Blue-stormy eyes fall at his hands.

By the looks of it, Levi needed him. Eren is willing to set aside their problem and support his mate. "Hey," he called out grabbing Levi's attention. "I know that we have a misunderstanding but can we set aside it for now and talk about it later?"

Levi glanced at the colorful building which he assumed was the brothel where Eren grew up. A lot of people kept coming and going in the place and the raven can faintly hear the music inside. He's nervous. Not just because he's finally meeting his mother-in-law but seeing a brothel in person.

He turned back to his mate. Eren was always there to support him but he just wished he also supports his decision about joining him as Rogue. But that can wait. "Okay, I think we can set it aside for now and-"

"EREN!"

Eren glanced at the person that called out. She was at the steps of a certain building, her eyes squinted behind her glasses and her brown hair was in a messy ponytail. When she was certain at what she saw, her lips pulled into a wide smile.

"Oh, my gods! It's Eren!" She screamed. "It's Eren! Everyone! Eren is back!"

Levi blinked while he let Tea Green back away from the gate. Several people came out of the buildings and turned towards them. The woman with glasses ran up to them as she screams to let the whole town know.

Eren steaded Titan before dismounting, he glanced at his mate. Levi was shaken and just froze there. He attempted to go to the raven and help him when someone pulled him away.

"Oh, my gods! It's really you!" the woman shouted. Her fingers digging into Eren's sleeve.

Eren winced at her loud voice and her nails on his skin. Hange Zoe, she never changed. "Hange, please-"

"Eren is home!"

"It's Eren!"

"Welcome home!"

A dozen of people circled him. Eren offered them a smile and a handshake. He knew these people and he treasured them for they helped him several times, in and out of the town.

"Eren?" a petite Omega with short blonde hair pushed himself in the crowd. His blue eyes shine at the light of day and his clothes were quite revealing but none of the townspeople bat an eye.

"Armin," Eren smiled at the sight of his beloved childhood friend.

The blonde Omega sobbed and launched himself on Eren, wrapping his arms around him and held the brunette tightly. "I thought you'll never come back."

"I promised that I'd visit, remember?" Eren patted his back.

Levi watched silently, allowing Tea Green to back away from the crowd around his husband. When that blonde Omega embraced his Alpha, it took all of Levi's strength not flick Tea Green's reins and trampled everyone, including Eren.

The woman in a ponytail and glasses noticed him and approached him with wide crazy eyes. "Oh! Who's this beautiful raven?"

"Oh," Eren pulled off Armin's arms around him and speed walk next to Levi's horse. "Everyone, meet Levi. He's my mate," Eren introduced with a cheeky smile.

Levi nodded when most of the crowd cooed and gushed over Eren. He refused to dismount so he can take a good look at everyone, especially that blonde Omega. Truth be told, this is the first time Levi saw an actual whore.

Armim was wearing tiny demin shorts, black boots and he was shirtless! Only the leather suspenders covered his nipples. Levi may not be as strict as his mother but the outfit is revolting!

"Hey," Eren called out to him. "Dave over there can take care of the horses, let's go."

Levi stared down at Eren's offered hand and decided to just go with it. When he dismounted, he got surrounded by the crowd. But none paid him attention. He pressed his lips in a thin line when Eren pulled him close, draping his arm over Levi's shoulder.

"Eren when did you decided to have a mate?!"

"When did you meet him, Eren?"

"I'm happy for you but I miss drinking with you!"

"Everyone!" Armin raised his voice and caught everyone's attention. "Eren must have a tiresome journey. He should rest and by tomorrow, we'll be able to spend time with him."

Eventually, the crowd agreed and returned to their business. The only people that were left were the crazy-looking glasses woman named Hange and the blonde Omega Armin.

"Wait!" Hange shouted. "Are you hurt?! Any injuries?!"

"No, Hange," Eren chuckled. "But I have something for you in the bag."

"Where's the bag?!"

"Still strapped on Titan, Dave already put them on the corral."

"Alright! See you guys later and Eren's dear Omega!" with that Hange zoomed towards the stables.

"Now," Armin smiled and grabbed Eren's arm. "Let's go! Everyone missed you so much!"

"Alright, alright!" Eren laughs as he let the blonde Omega to drag him.

Levi stood silently, his eye twitched in annoyance at... everything

"Wait, Armin," Eren pulled away and went back to his mate who was still standing under the gate. "Hey, look I'm sorry."

"For what?" Levi raises a brow at him.

"I mean, the people here. This is a rather small town and everyone knew each other," Eren explained, embarrassed.

Levi glanced at Armin. The blonde Omega may look cute and innocent at first but by the way, he glared at Levi, Armin's going for the kill. And Levi will never back down.

"Come on," Eren took his hand, lacing their fingers in place. "Let's go see my mother."

"Of course," Levi said but his eyes zoned at the Armin bitch.

When Eren turned around, Armin quickly switched his expression to a soft, cute blonde Omega that he was. He moved to the Alpha's other side and laced his hand on Eren's. "Eren, you had no idea how much I miss you!"

Eren just laughs it off.

While Levi was taking deep breaths. He wanted to kill Armin and fast.