Chapter 22

I apologized about the long wait, currently the world is crazy, so yeah... keep safe everyone!  I hope this update will make your day!

Levi forced his eyes open for once, he still feels like shit but his mind and heart are finally calm after knowing that Eren came home safe and sound.

Blinking several times, Levi is face to face with his sleeping mate. He stared at Eren's relax features, eyes closed shut, lips slightly agape and breathing softly. He can stare at his mate forever if possible.

Sitting up, Levi decided to wash down the dryness in his throat with some hot tea. He can still feel mild dizziness when he stood up but he didn't let that stop him from getting his daily dose of tea.

He was in his third cup when Eren stir from his sleep. His mate stared at him, green eyes still dazed from sleep, it whose said eyes grew bigger when he saw his sick Omega out of bed and drinking tea on the dining table.

"Levi!" Eren shirked and fell out of bed in a rush to Levi's side. "Are you okay? How are you feeling? Would you like me to brew you some more tea?"

Levi rolled his eyes but he can't stop the smile that manages to pull on the corners of his lips. "I'm fine, and yes, more tea please."

"Alright," Eren sighs before double-checking his mate's temperature. "If you're wondering where Mikasa is, she went back to town but she'll be sleeping here tonight to make sure you recover quickly."

"I still feel a bit shitty but I think I can manage," Levi reassured, he felt much better now, no more headaches just mild dizziness when he was trying to stand up. He watched as Eren made more tea for both of them when he noticed a wrapper of a certain pie on the trash bin.

"I can tell you two get along," Levi mentioned, getting Eren's attention.

"Hmm?" Eren turned him.

"You and Mikasa."

"Ah, yeah. She's really happy that I bought her the pie she likes. And also she shared some stories with her job." With a tray on his hands, he put the full freshly brewed teapot on the table.

"Did she mentioned, perhaps Rogue on her stories?" Levi asks as he helped himself with more tea.

"Well, stories of Rogue will live on every scout," Eren said smugly as he winks at Levi.

Levi blinked when he recalled that he had something to ask Eren. "Eren, can I ask?"

"Ah, sure. I don't know why you are still asking permission," Eren chuckled as he sips his tea.

"Why do you steal?"

Eren paused, looking down at his tea.

"After living with you in the same roof, I know that it's not for money." Levi zoned at him, he can tell that Eren is not 100% sure to tell him the truth behind his activities.  If it's something deep due to his past, then Levi can let it go and give Eren sometime and let the brunette tell him on his own will. Now that Levi thought about it, he had no idea about Eren's past. They have been together for the past few months and Levi only knew bits of it.   

"Now that I think about it, the reason behind it is petty," Eren laughs awkwardly, snapping Levi out of his thoughts.

When his mind slowly register what his mate just said, Levi gaped. "What?"

"Well, first it was for financial stability. But after that, I continued because I was looking for something." The outlaw fidget on his seat, embarrassment reflected on his face. "It's stupid! I don't know why I kept finding it, I can stop it if you want."

"What?! No! I don't want to stop you from stealing. I want to join you."

"But it's just a stupid search now that I have you." Eren look at him dearly, putting down his cup, he took Levi's hand on his and loving tracing his finger on the back of his mate's hand. "Well, I guess, before I met you, that was the only thing that drives to live life."

"Seriously Eren, you being sappy is cute but go fucking straight to the point! What it is that you are finding!" Levi snapped but the blush on his face shows how much Eren's words and simple gestures affected him.

Instead of cowering in fear like he usually does when Levi is angry, Eren just laughs like a dork in love. "Gods! You really are amazing!"

Without saying a word, he scooped Levi out of his chair and place him on his lap.

"What the hell Eren! You spilled my tea!" Levi exclaimed but didn't protest.

"Cuddle time!" Eren cheered childishly while rubbing his face on the crook of Levi's neck.

"You're hopeless you know that," Levi sigh, feeling the warmness spread on his chest. Then Eren started sobbing. "Whoa, what wrong?"

"Levi, you made me worry sick!" Eren cried. "I swear from now on, I'll take good care of you!"

"It just a normal fever. Geez, I'm fine now." Levi reassured, petting crying Alpha's head.

"I feel like I fail you," Eren cried even more.

Levi continued to pet his head calmly when Eren's crying exaggerated and loud, he slapped his head. "Alright! Enough drama! What is it that you are looking for?!"

"Ouch," Eren rubbed his head at the area where Levi hit him. He looked up at his mate with signature puppy dog eyes, the tears on his eyes made it more glassy and emphasized the green color. "I told you, it's stupid," he pouted.

"It is that stupid of a reason? I know that it's not because you've been looking for it your whole life."

"It doesn't matter now, I realized that I steal just for fun," Eren shrugged while wiping his face.

"There is more to it, please tell me," Levi pressed.

Sighing, Eren gave in. "It was just a golden key, it doesn't open to anything."

Levi hummed, laying his head on Eren' shoulder. Silently allowing the outlaw to continue his story.

"Mother said it was the only thing that father left me, but during those times, the brothel is down and my mom needed to sell it to feed me and the rest." He was young but Eren recalled the dark days in the brothel, there was a plague, so no customers. "Later that time, a mysterious guy came in the brothel, he doesn't want any company and just a cheap place to stay a night. When he saw me, he said to me that I have potential. He taught me everything he knew about robbing banks and shops to pickpocketing. My mother was not surprised, she said she knew the guy from the newspaper but she didn't report him because she knew his story. After that, I approach every shady guy that came to the brothel, I asked them to teach me how to do combat and shooting. A lot of the guys enjoyed teaching me, one of the guys taught me how to make poisons. It was fun all together. When I robbed my first shop but didn't find the key that my mother sold from there. And that's where I start my search."

Eren ended his tale and Levi nodded. He thinks it's not a stupid reason at all, the key was the only thing that his father left him.

"Well, I guess, I'll help you find that key from now on?" Levi raised and look at him.

"I don't know if I still want it. I never met my father so, why would I need to find it when my everything is right here," Eren gave him a cheeky smile.

"You know what, whatever you do, please bring me with you."

"Of course."