Chapter 24

Levi approached the white horse with a brown pattern across its body, raising his hand, the beast instantly nuzzled his palm.

"Well, aren't you a pretty thing," Levi cooed. He already told Eren about the news with Isabelle's brother coming over, Eren is ecstatic that she and Farlan are having a baby and for some reason, the said brunete kept staring at him like he wants to say something. Just like now, Levi is picking a horse and his mate is leaning on the fence and looking at him from afar, deep in thought.

The horse neighs at him and started sniffing his clothes. "Sorry, I don't have food with me," Levi chuckles. Perhaps, this is the one. The horse looks sturdy and friendly, plus, early this day Levi saw this horse race with Titan around the grounds.

In his peripheral vision, he saw Eren push out of the fence and approach him.

"Hey, I think this is the one," Levi said when Eren is near.

"He is pretty," Eren commented.

"He?" Levi stared at the horse, he thought he was a mare because he was smaller compared to the other stallions.

"Yeah, so... ah... Levi, how are you feeling?" Eren asked.

"I'm completely well, Eren." Levi sighs as he patted the horse when the beast stopped sniffing his body and went to graze at the grass with the rest of the horses.

"Well, Mikasa mentioned that there will be a party hosted by Erwin Smith at the restaurant near the inn, she said that it was a simple gathering with some dancing. Perhaps we go there with Isabelle and Farlan for you know like a farewell get together, also your sister will be going back to work by Monday."

"Oh, yeah, I almost forgot that Mikasa will be leaving as well. Yes, joining the party will be nice, should we still be worrying about Erwin Smith?" Levi asked.

"I don't think he'll be a problem."

Levi just smiled at him. It's like time flies too fast, he'll not only have to say good-bye to Isabelle and Farlan but Mikasa as well and this lovely town. The thought of living everything hurts his heart. Looking at the meadow, Levi watched the sun as it set. He'll surely miss this place and the people and animals that come with it.

"Amazing right?" Eren said, looking at the sunset.

"I can't believe that we are leaving," Levi sighs. He doesn't hate Isabelle for replacing them with her brothers, he perfectly understands but he'll miss this place.

"Overall this place is nice, right?" Eren moves behind him, wrapping his arms around Levi's waist and resting his chin on the raven's head.

"Yeah, it's peaceful." Levi can't agree more.

"How about after some time, we'll come back here and buy some land?" Eren suggested.

"That's not a bad idea at all, we can be neighbors with Isabelle." Levi sighed, closing his eyes he imagine there lives here, on their land, their own house and a tailoring shop for Eren near the town. It will be perfect. But for now, Levi had no idea where they are going next. "Where are we going after this? To the next town and find another job or..." Levi paused and make sure they are alone before continuing. "Are we going to start planning on robbing something good?" He whispered with a smirk, excitement trailing in his voice.

"Well, I've been thinking lately...." Eren said sheepishly.

"I can tell."

"Yeah... well, I thought maybe we should visit my mother."

"Oh," Levi didn't expect that. Fuck, he forgot about Eren's mother, he should have asked for her blessing before staking a claim on Eren or simply have tea with her. Levi felt like he lost the battle, what will his mother-in-law think of him?

He pictured out Eren's mother as a strong woman that can handle a gun, geez, she allowed his son to be a criminal, she must be too cool and Levi is still a wimp in her standards.

"So yeah... But don't worry, the brothel is not what you think! Well, my mother's brothel is unlike any other. It is fun inside with all the dancing and singing well, except for the second floor, of course."

"Oh," Levi said blankly. Right, Eren grew up in a brothel. If Eren said it true, then Levi is now curious to see what an actual brothel looks like. "Wait, your mother owns the brothel?!"

"Well, she is in charged now after the late owner died." Eren moved and sat down at the grass, eyes still fixed on the sun setting before them.

"Wow, so... your mother... what does she like?" Levi asks as he sat next to his mate. Made to warm up with the mother-in-law is giving gifts that she liked.

"Don't worry, she'll love you. She'll probably scold me for taking you without properly asking your parents for your hand." Eren chuckles.

"I bet she'll understand when she hears the whole story, and I never been to a brothel. What should I do and not do?" Levi as in pure curiosity.

"Well, no Alphas will approach you when they saw you are mated. Just don't go to the second floor because those rooms are for the customers." Eren explained. "Also, I want to clear this with you. Ever since my mother took over, it became an entertainment house, more or less. We have mated employees too, they don't take customers but they perform. And also, I want to meet Hange Zoe. She's the one who gave me the contacts and... ah... she claims that I'm her best friend so yeah, I want you to meet her too."

"Great, I can't wait to meet her too." Levi is not a people person but he is willing to change that. How hard can that be? He'll only be meeting a few people, right?

"Also..." Eren cleared his throat nervously. "Armin Arlert, he's my childhood friend and he's the first male Omega that my mother took in, in my last visit, he became the trainer for the newbies. He's really good at dancing and poetry and he's also smart."

Levi raises a brow at that. Maybe Eren is speaking too fondly with this Armin. Also, this Armin is an Omega, even with Eren teeth on his nape, Levi can't help the jealousy grew.

"He's actually my best friend, Hange is well, being Hange. He's the one who told me all about the ocean and how majestic and beautiful it is." Eren continued.

"Uh-huh," Levi nodded but he can't stop his eye from twitching. Best friend my ass, he can feel that this Armin will be his problem.

"So yeah..." Eren trailed off, probably he noticed his mate's irritation. "Well, he might challenge you to something... just don't take it too seriously, it's just his way," he gave Levi an awkward smile.

"Huh," Levi huffed. "Challenged me? Will see about that," he promised to himself that he won't lose to whatever challenge this Armin gave him.

"You really are amazing!" Eren smiled and hugged him tightly. "It's getting dark now, let's go back."

"Alright," Levi stood up and wipe away the invisible dirt on his pants.

"Are we taking that horse?" Eren pointed at the white and brown stallion before they left the grounds.

"Yeah, he's perfect." Levi nodded.

"We'll talk tomorrow with Farlan and Isabelle about it and also tell them about the party for tomorrow night."

"That's a good plan."

They returned to their cottage and Levi started sorting their things. Now that they'll be traveling with two horses, they can bring just enough for their journey to Eren's place. Also, this is their first journey as a bonded couple.

Levi takes a good look at the cottage while Eren proceeds to cook their dinner.

He will surely miss this place but whatever challenges and trouble they will face on this new journey, Levi is willing to face it head-strong. Especially, that Armin, his gut told him to not let his guard down on that one.

Levi eyed the metal cup on the table before throwing his fist on it, causing the cup to fell off the table with a clank.

"What happened?" Eren flinched at the sound.

"Nothing." Levi shrugged. He needs to work more on his punches.