Chapter 49

"So, you're Hange..." Levi asked by the doorway as stared at the Beta's workshop with caution.

Eren was a dear to drop the raven off at Hange's place, it was not that far but Levi wanted to relish his Alpha by his side before Eren went back to talk with Armin.

The workshop was... interesting. It was certainly a fire hazard with all the clutter, nicknacks, trash, books, and odd collections. It was a mess, every shelf was full, cabinets were stuffed, the floor was simply a garbage monster that once Levi took a step in the workshop.

Aside from the horrible mess, Levi noted different medical equipment and they're the only ones clean. While the said Beta, Levi heard her but he couldn't see her with all the clutter.

"Yes!" Hange shouted. "That's me!"

"Ah, nice to meet you..." Levi took a step back and that might have triggered the crazy... fella.

Hange jumped high enough for Levi to fully see her from the junk. "Wait! Don't go yet!"

"I-"

"I promise! It's tidy here on where I stand!" She kept on jumping to keep an eye on the raven, making sure that Levi won't run away.

"Okay," Levi gulped. Eyes on the floor, he tried to maneuver around the junk and trash until he was standing a few meters away from the Beta. Levi blinked and nodded at the Hange. "It's nice to meet you. Goodbye."

"What?! Wait!" Hange shrieked and grabbed him by his sleeve.

Levi growled when he was pulled back. The fact was, Hange lied. Everything was ten times messier on where she stood.

Hange whimpered When the raven Omega started to struggle from her hold. "I'm inventing a new type of gun!"

Levi stopped struggling and stared at her, then he gazed at the desk full of shit. But if he looked closer at the pieces, he could make out that the beta was indeed making a weird gun- in a messy, dirty, workplace.

Hange noticed his features grimace in disgust and quickly explained herself. "I know it's messy, but once I polished the metal, it would make up a fine gun!"

"Pfft," Levi scoffed. "You just cut that musket's barrel in three parts."

"I did!" She beamed. "I'm improving it! The barrel would fold three times! It's going to be heavier but its length will reduce to a standard gun!"

Levi stared at the messy junk on the desk and back at the Beta with glasses. "That's impossible," he deadpanned.

"It's not! Come here! I'll show you!" Hange started to 'clean up' frantically around the area of her desk. She dumps the junk on the sidelines and attempted to sweep the floor with her beat-up broom.

Levi sighed and shook his head. Hange was doing a poor job of cleaning. "Give me the poor excuse of a broom!" He boomed and Hange passed it to him.

They started cleaning together with Levi shouting orders on the Beta.

"How can you live like this?" Levi hissed. They managed to clean the Beta's workplace, it was not tidy enough but it was better than before.

"Of course! Being surrounded with all the cool stuff was a dream come true!"

"No. Just no," Levi shook his head with disbelief.

"So," Hange dropped her tone to something serious. "Erwin's leaving with Armin."

"I have nothing to do with it," Levi glared at her.

"I know," Hange shrugged and frowned. "I guess that will be better for him.

Levi groaned. He just got out of the 'Armin' conversation from Eren and now this? Levi just had it. "Enough."

"Alrighty, but I got some information from Erwin."

"When did that happened?" Levi arched a brow at the brunette Beta.

"When I was treating Armin from you expressive hits."

Levi couldn't resist grinning, proud that the blonde Omega needed medical treatment after that incident. "Go on."

"Aside from traveling, he was planning on buying a lot from Trost," Hange supplied.

"Hmmm," Levi hummed. Trost was the small town where Isabelle and Farlan lived. It was just a small town with so few residents. It's a peaceful town. Eren and he already agreed to buy a lot there too, build a house, and tailor shop for Eren. The idea of Erwin being their neighbor was something that Levi's not looking forward to. He just hopes that Erwin would pick a lot away from Isabelle and Farlan's farm.

"But one of the desirable lots in Trost was owned by someone. He couldn't buy it."

Levi narrowed his gaze on Hange. "Why are you telling me this?"

"You're planning on getting whatever inside that 'lucky safe' on the Smith's bank right?"

"Yeah... Hold on," Levi took a step back. "How did you know that?"

Hange cackled. "I just do."

Levi eyed her with caution. "Did you-"

"Anyways! I could teach you a few lock picking tricks if you want!" Hange jumped excitedly.

"Ah, I think... I'll pass," Levi forced a smile and turned towards the door.

"Wait! Hold on!" Hange ran after him. "I promise I won't be weird again! Oh! Listen! I noticed someone while you were busy beating up the Omegas last time!"

Levi was already reaching for the doorknob and froze at Hange's words. He slowly turned back to the Beta with interest. "Really?"

"Yeah," Hange nodded with all smiles. "Two Alphas. A male and female. The kinda looked alike and they seemed to enjoy the show you put up."

"Everyone did," Levi rolled his eyes on her. He rested his back on the wooden door and crossed his arms on his chest.

"But those two, their gaze held... Recognition."

"What?" Levi said flatly.

"Just saying, also, Eren was just standing there with his mouth hanging!" Hange suddenly burst into laughter.

"Idiot," Levi clicked his tongue.

"He's whipped," Hange managed to tone down her laughter and switched into a much serious tone. "That's not a good sign."

Levi's shoulder slacked. He's aware that he's the outlaw's weakness but after hearing what Hange said and when he gave it a thought, it was indeed, not a good sign. Could that be the reason why Eren didn't want him to join if the brunette Alpha robs a bank? What happens if Levi entered a fight, would Eren froze and simply stare at him with admiration.

Levi blinked. That's not a good sign. How Eren could easily lose focus like that. Levi had to do something to prevent that from ever happening or else, he'll just have to voluntarily back out from joining Eren with their initial plan with the Smith's bank.

"Finally realizing how crucial your role is Levi?" Hange smirked.

Levi simply glared at her. "I know and I'm ready."

----

I hope you guys are ready for the next one! It will be a new arch in the the story! I'm so excited to write it!

Stay tuned!