Chapter 36

The sun was setting and the tribe was bustling as everyone prepared for the annual ritual. Eren was more than happy to help Connie gather firewood for the bonfire. Erwin also got out of his tent and played with the children until he moved to help with the firewood gathering.

Throughout the whole afternoon, Eren can't help but feel uneasy. He hadn't seen Levi since Sasha pull his mate away for the rehearsals. The Alpha's aqua green eyes darts around the tribe to look for his mate. He circled the property several times to search for his Omega but he never spotted Levi.

"If you're looking for your mate, he's not here but he's not far. All Omegas that will participate in the ritual did all their rehearsal area in the nearby meadow," Connie explained as he approached the brunette Alpha.

"Oh," Eren nodded. He maybe looked like a lost puppy sniffing around for his master. Could it be that's why a lot of people were looking at him weird? Eren will never know.

"Don't worry, the night's in. They'll be coming back and we're supposed to take our seat."

"Okay," Eren nodded, still uneasy of Levi's absence. Erwin already took his seat on the long log and Connie sat next to him. Eren took he vacant spot next to Connie, lips sealed shut, and eyes darting on every corner. He's trying to remain calm. He knew Levi will be alright.

"I can't still believe it," Erwin spoke to Connie. "You left everything and live here."

"Yeah," Connie chuckled. "Both of my parents flipped, I let go of my job, say goodbye to friends and..."

"And?"

"It's all worth it," Connie offered him a smile and that's all that Erwin needed.

Erwin stares up at the dark sky. The stars started appearing one by one, all were competing with each other with their shine. But Erwin noticed alone star the distance. He sighed. He knew that there are people who weren't blessed with a mate and maybe, Erwin is one of them.

The sounds of the drums pulled all their attention at the front. Eren jolted on his seat as he scanned for his mate.

Omegan elders first emerged from the back and danced around the bonfire. Their woven skirts flow as they all danced and chanted.

Eren blinked at the performance. He stays with tribes before but only this time he watched a ritual.

"They chanted prayers for the goddess of the stars. The more stars tonight, the more children will be born this year," Connie explained as the ritual unfolds.

"Interesting," the blonde commander commented.

Eren will thank the bald later for the information, the brunette is getting impatient. He wanted to see Levi.

As if his wish was granted, the younger Omegas came in on a train. All were wearing woven clothes with complicated embroidery over their skirts and shirts. All designs were unique. In their heads, they all wore either headband with feathers or a vail of beads. When the elders moved aside to make room for the younger Omegas, Connie and some of the Alphas cheered.

Eren pressed his lips. He still hasn't seen his mate. He saw Sasha and then-

Levi came in last. His pale white-skin shines against the fire. He wore a blue skirt and shirt with gold or yellow embroidery in the shape of stars, the sun, and the moon. Like Sasha, he wore ahead with white and blue feathers. His blue-stormy eyes focused on the Omega in front of him as he copied the movements.

Eren stood from his seat as Levi joined the rest around the bonfire. "That's my beautiful mate!" he shouted at the top of his lungs as he clapped his hands hard. "Go! Levi!"