Chapter 17

Levi sat up, feeling tired after their trip, followed by a rough makeup sex after they settled their current situation earlier. His neck and shoulder stung from all the bites he got from the outlaw. Rubbing a hand on his face, Levi forced himself out of bed and dress up for the rest of the day.

Scanning the room, Eren was not in sight but the goods were taken cared of and the pot is smelling of some sort of stew the Alpha prepared before leaving. Levi figured that Eren got out to help Farlan with the shed, so he proceeded to clean up the cottage while he waited for Eren.

While cleaning the kitchen, Levi froze when he saw his favorite teacup sitting on the cupboard. Taking a stool, he climbed up and reach for the cup. He swore he checked all the cupboards and wasn't able to find it. Maybe he misses looked it in the first place?

Shaking his head, he decided to have tea after cleaning. Taking the kettle, he pours water in and started the fire. It took him a while though, all this time, Eren cooked all their meals. Watching Eren built fire looks easy, but it's not. Thankfully there is some ember left to where the Alpha cooks the stew, which made Levi's life much easier. Perhaps, he should ask Eren to teach him how to cook or to built fire.

After that, Levi started sorting their laundry. For some reason, he found cleaning relaxing. Going on chores, feeling satisfied after looking at how clean the place is. It's nice.

When all the clothes were sorted, Levi tugged the sheet from the bed. There is a strong urge telling Levi not to wash all their perfectly mixed scent on the sheets but another part of him cringe. He needs to wash them.

But after that, he decided to drink some tea from his favorite teacup. His fingers traced at the delicate etching on the cup, recalling good memories of his grandmother. It's been a while since he had a good amount of tea in his system. Now that he is fully energized with tea, Levi is ready to do the laundry.

The thing that Levi likes about this place is the well is near their cottage. This means he is free from possible criticism and embarrassment from his lousy washing technique from the eyes of Isabelle. On their first laundry day, they both did it together. Eren taught him the steps on how to wash the clothes but the lesson turned into playtime with both of them blowing bubbles everywhere. But they got the work done at least.

As Levi wash their clothes, his thoughts wander back to Erwin Smith. He wanted to know what happened. Maybe the late Commander bend a few things right or there is more too it than encountering Rogue and the outlaw cutting off his arm? The story was indeed one-sided, how did Eren manage to cut his arm? Levi never seen him used a knife or something, it was always a gun. Eren must have the rest of the tale. That's a story Levi wanted to hear before going to bed. Also, he knew that Eren robbed a good number of banks and pawnshops before but Levi is still clueless as to why the Alpha does it so. Is it because of money? After living under the same roof, Levi observed that Eren is not one of the hungry-for-gold outlaws. Eren is different, he used his money wisely - except for impulsively buying those fabrics, but Levi can make an exception, Eren did plan on sewing more clothes for him. The Alpha doesn't even drink that much or visited the tavern, he doesn't even know how to gamble! Levi always won every time they played poker! It was after Levi found some playing cards and fake money while cleaning the cottage. Plus, Eren worked on farms after a robbery!