Chapter 28

The night was young and the stars are out, acting as lantern for the three travellers in the meadow. Their bondfire illuminated the area where they sat and the light spread at the nearby river.

The casserole was heaven, Erwin was right when he said that the food from the restaurant was exceptional. Eren and Levi were honored to share the meal with the late commander.

"Thank you so much for the food Erwin!" Eren cheered as he patted his stomach.

"Thank you," Levi whispered, covering his mouth when he felt a burp erupt.

"Don't mention it," Erwin smiled as he tried to clean up with his one hand. Levi noticed his struggled and took the rest of the plates.

"Let me help," Levi offered.

"It's okay, I'll handle this-"

"No, I'm taking a dip in the river anyway. You should fix your bed insead." Levi reasoned as he took all the plates from the blonde Alpha. The raven felt his skin crawl with all the sweat and dust in him. He decided to take advantage of the river while it is present, it would be very hard to camp in another area that doesn't have any water such as rivers or maybe a pond.

"Oh, okay." Erwin gave him the plate and watched as the smaller male walked down the river. Then he felt Eren's hand rest on his shoulder.

"Hey, it's fine. Levi has a thing for cleaning. You should rest, we have a long day tomorrow," Eren reassured.

"Eren! You better bathe too because I'm not sleeping near your sweaty skin!" Levi called out.

"Of course! Coming honey!" Eren shouted back. He gave Erwin a wink and a thumbs up before dashing down the hill to where the Omega was busy washing the plates.

Erwin sighed as he watched the two down the river. It seems like the couple were arguing then Eren splashed water to Levi. Erwin can hear Levi's growl from where he stood, then the Omega started chasing the brunette, kicking the water to other's direction.

Erwin smile at the sight and wondered where and when he'll meet his mate.

****

"Eren! Enough all ready!" Levi hissed at him when the brunette splashed him with water again. "Ugh! It's fucking cold and now I'm fucking wet!"

"Well, let me heat you up and take care of that wetness," Eren smirked at him while wiggling his eyebrows.

Levi rolled his eyes, yet a smile managed to appear on his lips. "Whatever, you're lucky that I finished cleaning the plates," the raven huffed as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"W-wait! Really?" The Alpha gaped as he watched Levi undressed. "Wait!" Eren rushed to raven and pulled the shirt back in place.

"What the? You don't want to?"

"T-That's not it!" Eren turned towards their camp. Erwin is nowhere insight, he probably went to bed. But how can he be sure? Eren doesn't want anyone but him to see his mate naked.

"I'm taking a bath whether you like it or not," Levi insisted as he took off his shirt again and fling it on the brunette's arm.

"Levi!" Eren snapped at him but the raven is nowhere in sight. "Levi?" He croaked.

"Down here idiot!" Levi punched his knees.

"Oh," Looking down, he found his mate. Levi is sitting at riverbed, making the water flow right on his shoulders. The water is not that deep, barely reached Eren's thighs. So sitting in the riverbed has to do.

"Are you just going to stand there?" The raven glared at him, pulling his shirt from Eren's arm. "Wash my back will you." with a little struggle, Levi turned his back on him while he wash his clothes on the water.