Chapter 46

I'm so sorry for the late update! It was supposed to be posted (yesterday). Please forgive me!

-----

"Levi, calm down," Eren said for the fifth time while he raked his fingertips on his mate's scalp.

They were both in the tub after the catfight. This was one of the reasons why the rooms in Rose Wall were so expensive. It was not just a normal room with a simple bed. No. Carla aimed for comfort and luxury, each room had its own little kitchenette, sitting area, a bathroom with a tub, and a king-size bed with a comfy mattress paired with the softest pillows.

Eren kept going over to Levi that everything was fine. Growing up in Rose Wall, Eren learned that brawls and catfights were common. Either way, his mother benefitted from it. If there were brawlers and end up damaging anything, they had to pay double. While petty catfights were a different story.

"How could you possibly said that?!" Levi hissed.

"Because I know what's the system here. Those things happened."

"Really?" Levi looked over his shoulder and studied the brunette.

"Yes." Eren knew that getting Levi a bath would calm the raven and hopefully listen to him.

"So, it's normal that I beat up half of the workers?" Levi arched a skeptical brow at him

"My mom usually set up a little catfight to add drama when the days were dull. Customers really liked it and give extras to them, especially to the workers who were 'injured'. It was all but an act."

"What about your best friend?" Levi looked away.

Eren sighed and held the raven close. "Armin set you up and I can't believe he still did it even when I told everyone to back off."

Levi was silent while they got off the tub and changed into some fresh clothes. The raven settled on the bed, laying on his side. He remained silent, deep in thought.

Eren laid next to him, his front flush on Levi's back as he spooned the smaller male. "Talk to me Levi," he encouraged, trailing butterfly kisses on the raven's bare neck.

"I can't believe I hurt a lot of people," Levi said with a quivering breath. His blank face crumbled down and was replaced with horror and guilt.

"You were so great, I'm so proud of you."

"No," Levi hissed and elbowed him. "Even when I let them taste of their own medicine, I don't feel... happy."

"Are you feeling guilty?"

"Yes? No? I'm not sure what to feel..."

"Well, then remembered that they poked you first. What you did was pure self-defense."

"I know but..." Levi turned to lay on his other side so he could properly face his husband. "Where were you?"

Eren's frowned.

"Why didn't you help me?" The raven hiccuped. "Why are you hanging out with those bitches?!" Levi gritted his teeth, he turned around and kicked the Alpha off the bed.

"Ow!" Eren hissed when he fell on the floorboards.

Levi snatched one of the pillows and bashed it on the brunette's head with all his might. "I hate you! I fucking hate you!" He screamed.

Eren held his arms up to shield his head, he allowed his mate to hit. He deserved it. He shouldn't belittle his mate. After watching like an idiot on the sideline while Levi fights, Eren regretted that he neglected his mate and treated Levi like fragile porcelain.