Chapter Eleven || what i expected

THE SUN blinds me as I try to write down my notes as fast as possible, my eyes slowly closing and opening again every few seconds in a tired effort to stay awake

I'm in AP Biology with the twins, Sawyer, Bea, and Chase, and although I have friends in this class, the teacher we have makes this period boring. The majority of the class is either on their phones, sleeping, or trying their best to make sense of whatever nonsense this teacher is spouting.

Who's bright idea was it for me to take this class? Oh right... me. Not one of my finest moments.

There are about ten minutes till lunch and almost bursting to get out of my seat and run to the cafeteria.

It's Monday, sadly, which means our perfect weekend of hanging out and getting to know each other has come to an end.

On Saturday, after a few more minutes of talking, Vaughn and I went back to the group. Since then I've started to become more comfortable around everyone, including the brooding boy I cannot seem to get out of my head. Even though he's forbidden.

I also got a call from Dad, Adrian, and Toni yesterday. It definitely lifted my spirits a bit, but it's not the same as being back home and getting to see them in person.

But I'll get to see them soon enough, I remind myself since they're coming to visit me, not this weekend but the next, along with Darius and Arden.

I'm so excited.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the bell ringing. Class is finally over and lunch has begun.

In a cluster, we make our way to the cafeteria, but not before I head over to my locker, telling everyone that I'll meet them there.

I open my almost empty locker, reaching into my bag to empty the books I don't need for my next classes or homework later. I grab everything for my next four periods, including my big Art sketchbook that I can't fit in my bag.

As I grasp onto it, it slips out of my hand. I groan, looking to the ceiling in frustration before putting my Math book in my bag and kneeling to grab my sketchbook.

Before I can pick it up, another hand snatched it up, proceeding to open it and flick through my sketches.

"Woah, you're pretty good." I look up to see an amused Vaughn, nodding his head in approval at my sketches.

"Thanks. Now give that back," I jokingly warn, narrowing my eyes, trying to grab the book back. He quickly turns out of reach and continues to flip through the pages.

"No, I'm serious Adina." My heart rate picks up when he says my name. "You're really talented."

Feeling in the mood to joke around, I decide sarcasm is the best route to make this already gorgeous boy flash his pretty grin at me.