Chapter Fourteen || nerves

IT'S BEEN exactly three weeks since Adina's started at the Academy and god, it's been the most amazing three weeks I've had in a long time

I used to dread coming to school and, other than football practices during the first semester and track or athletics later in the year, there was nothing I looked forward to. Until I met her.

I have only a few classes with the girl, but they make every day worthwhile. I get to hear her melodic laugh, which I try my hardest to bring out of her. I also get to see her gorgeous smile, which makes my heart race a hundred times faster than normal.

She's tall, which is definitely a plus considering I tower over basically everyone I know. I'm not having to bend down too far to get to her level. Her legs that stretch for miles keep me questioning my sanity sometimes because how is this girl real?

Everything about her makes me insane. Her long legs that I want her to wrap around me. Her soft hands that make me shiver just from the slightest touch. Her deep, chocolate brown eyes that draw me in with every flutter of her eyelashes. Her moles spaced around her face and chest that I try and connect in my mind. The one just above her full lips, between her little, button nose and Cupid's bow, drives me crazy.

And don't get me started on her voice. It's gentle and soothing, with a bit of an accent, which I assume she's gotten from her Dad and his family.

She's everything. Her mind. Her body. I can't get enough, and I certainly can't stay away. Believe me, I have tried.

When she first got here, I tried my best to stay away, telling myself that I did not want to get to know her. Obviously, this was just postponing the inevitable.

That day on the beach, when I heard her beautiful laugh, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold myself back anymore. I needed to be around her.

Every time she gets close, I feel a pull that keeps tugging me towards her and I hope she feels the same.

She makes me laugh, and smile, and when I'm around her it feels like nothing can go wrong, and I love that.

But the worst part about Adina isn't even her fault. It's our Dad's.

I don't care though. I don't care that my Dad and hers absolutely despise each other or that they may not approve. Because I've never needed or wanted my Dad's approval. The only thing is, is that, from what I've heard from Adina, she and her father are very close. I feel she's holding back because of that. She doesn't want to disappoint her Dad.

And I get that, believe me. I just wish that the only girl I've ever felt like this for wasn't the daughter of someone on Dad's long list of enemies. Our lives would be much easier.