Bonus Chapter || two years later

[ TWO YEARS LATER ]

[ TWO YEARS LATER ]

I HEAR THE SOUND of the front door keys jiggling in the lock, warning me my husband is now home and I have no more time to prepare for my big surprise. Why does he always have to be on time?

I round the corner of the kitchen island, making sure I haven't left anything out of place as I pretend to act normal, grabbing the food out of the oven.

I hear him make his way down the hallway, setting his coat and briefcase on the coat and bag rack before continuing to make his way to me.

"Hi, baby," he gently rasps, his voice tired from a long day at work, as he wraps his arms around my waist, looking over my shoulder to see what I'm doing.

"Hey, how was work?" I ask, making sure I don't stray from our usual after-work conversation starters.

"Alright. Bea had a wedding emergency so Cas had to leave early, and Xavier had date night, so you can imagine how distracted he was." Vaughn laughs to himself while he walks to the fridge to grab himself a bottle of water.

"Thank god we're done with all that," I sigh.

"What? You didn't like wedding planning?" He sarcastically asks, to which I shake my head in exasperation, rolling my eyes.

"Set the table, dinner is nearly ready." I look at him through my eyelashes, an annoyingly handsome smirk evident on his lips.

"Yes, ma'am," he mockingly salutes, setting down his drink and opening the cutlery drawer, taking two sets of knives and forks before getting the placemats.

Making sure his back is turned, I swiftly lift my sweater, taking the little stick that I shoved down my sweats and placing it inside one of the napkins I'm going to bring over to the table.

"Smells amazing, Adina." Vaughn rolls up his sleeves, revealing the collection of tattoos he has stored on his arms. My mouth waters just from looking at them and his muscular frame. Fuck, my husband is hot.

"Thanks, now sit, I'll bring everything else over." I urge, too excited to wait and see his reaction.

He scrunches his eyebrows in the familiar way he does when he's confused, "you sure?"

"Yeah, now sit." I sternly tell him, to which he puts his arms up in surrender.

Once I've brought all the dishes over to the table I retreat into the kitchen to grab the napkins, making sure nothing falls out before I even give it to him.