Chapter Eighteen || j and v

WE'VE BEEN IN THE CAR for ten minutes when Vaughn stops in front of a house almost identical to the both of ours

WE'VE BEEN IN THE CAR for ten minutes when Vaughn stops in front of a house almost identical to the both of ours. He drove us through a neighborhood full of them, most probably belonging to the Academy.

The only difference between these and ours is that they are located on the other side of the school compared, whereas we're roads away.

"Not to be rude or anything but, why have we stopped here?" I ask him. Vaughn smirks as he turns off the car engine.

"You'll see," he tells me ominously. I narrow my eyes at him, making him throw his head back in a fit of amused laughter. "I'm being serious. She'll be out any minute now."

"She?" I deadpan, furrowing my eyebrows while he grins at me. I'm about question him further when one of the truck's back doors opens revealing a pretty blonde, who immediately wraps her arms around Vaughn from the back seat.

I look her up and down, assessing her frame as she greets Vaughn. She's wearing light blue baggy jeans which hang low on her hips, showing off her amazing figure, and a cropped, long-sleeve, yellow top that compliments her hair color perfectly. Okay, she's gorgeous.

"V!" She exclaims, kissing Vaughn on the cheek, making him chuckle at her as he pats her arms which are still around his neck.

"J," he mocks, looking back at her with a teasing grin while I just look back and forth between the two of them. Realizing that she and Vaughn aren't the only ones in the car, the blonde girl turns towards me.

"Oh. My. God!" She squeals in shock, while I just look at Vaughn and her in confusion. "Vaughn? Are you crazy?" She hits him, he chuckles at her and playfully flinches away from her.

"What?" He questions, looking at her with furrowed eyebrows but with the same grin that he has had the whole time she has been in the car.

"You know what," she tells him sternly, her hands on her hips. "Don't play dumb, you know exactly why I'm freaking out."

"Is someone gonna tell me what's going on?" I ask, now looking directly at Vaughn.

"Adina, this is my sister, Juliette. Jules, this is–" He gets cut off.

The cloud of doubt that was wavering around my head clears as soon as those words leave his mouth. Now looking at the two, I can see some sort of resemblance between them. Besides her blonde hair and frail frame, Juliette has the same green eyes as Vaughn. There are also a few similarities in their postures and face shapes.

"Yeah, yeah. I know who she is." Juliette informs him sassily, putting her hand in front of his face to get him to stop talking. "The thing I want to know is, what are you doing hanging out with a Ricci?" She turns to me with an apologetic expression, "no offense."