Chapter Thirty-One || only a dream

ONCE WE GET OUT of the pool, Vaughn wraps a towel around my shoulders, lifting me into his arms

"What are you doing?!" I squeal, laughing at him when he starts running back into the house.

"We're having a movie night," he randomly states, making my head snap to look at the side of his face. "So, you need to get cleaned up."

"Yes, well, I think I'm capable of doing that myself, thank you."

He continues to walk through the halls swiftly until we clamor up the stairs and head toward his room.

"What would be the fun in that?" I roll my eyes as he pushes the door open and makes his way to the bathroom.

He sets me down on the cold, marble floor, water droplets rolling off of my freezing body, making me shiver. Vaughn turns away, reaching inside the open shower and turning it on for us.

His tattoos are on full display, as well as his back muscles... and biceps... and abs. All of it.

I could be drooling. Not literally, but I'm very close to it.

Compared to me, Vaughn is kind of pale, but not paper white. He has a fair bit of color on him, but his dark hair makes him look like a ghost. His black tattoos contrast his smooth skin.

I quickly stop ogling his body and continue our conversation, because if I don't... who knows what I'm going to do. Or what he's going to do.

"You're serious right now?" I chuckle, raising an eyebrow at him as he glances over to me, a small smirk present on those full lips.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Vaughn shrugs, making me roll my eyes once more.

We'll just shower together, maybe some kissing, but nothing more, I tell myself before letting go of my towel, which seems to catch his attention.

However, I don't pay much mind to him as I untie my bikini top and bottoms, revealing the smooth skin underneath.

Not even a second later, Vaughn begins to rush, sliding his swim trunks off, as well as the underwear he wore underneath.

While he's busy doing that, I let the warm water glide down my skin once I've made it into the shower, washing away the icky layer of chlorine that has gathered on my body.

I feel his presence behind me, his hands gripping my waist as I tilt my head back, letting the water run down my hair and face. He pecks my shoulder before moving further up until he reaches my jaw.

"You mean so much to me," he murmurs into my skin, "you know that, right?"

This makes me open my eyes, my heart speeding up at how good those words sound coming from him.

I turn my head to face him, green staring back at me.

I nod before muttering, my hand running through the back of his hair, "you mean a lot to me too, V."