Chapter Thirty || everything

AFTER LAST NIGHT, I couldn't get to sleep

AFTER LAST NIGHT, I couldn't get to sleep. Not with her sleeping right next to me in nothing but my t-shirt, her legs spilling over the duvet, enticing me to wake her up for another round. But, I don't. She's tired and deserves the rest.

I still can't believe that this is my life now. Adina Ricci is my girlfriend.

My girlfriend and I just had sex for the first time. And I think... I think–maybe I–I love her?

No. I can't. We haven't even been together for that long, there is no way that I can fall in love with someone that fast. No fucking way.

But, I can't deny the pull I have toward her whenever she's around. A pull in my chest that makes me want to always be around her, always touch her, always protect her. Some guys might have sex with a girl and get it all out of their system, but last night just made me want her even more.

Her moans and whines pushed me to the brim and made me feel something that I'd never felt during sex. My heart clenched, rising in my throat at how beautiful she was when I'm driving into her, making her writhe in pleasure underneath me.

However, that high slowly started to dissipate when Adina fell asleep in my arms. How are we going to tell our parents?

I won't let Dad near her. He's cruel, while Adina is sweet and kind. Mom would approve, and I already know what Jules thinks. She absolutely loves Adina.

Other than Dad, I'm mostly worried about what her family will think of me. If I'm to assume she wants us to be as serious as I want us to be, I'm going to have to meet her father and brothers at some point, and I can't say I'm excited about that.

They hate Dad, not you. They hate you by association. Prove them wrong.

I look over to the digital alarm clock on the side table–

6:19 am

The sun is rising still, but I can already hear the birds chirping outside as I slowly pull away from Adina's sleeping body, covering her in the warm duvet, and kissing her forehead, before heading to the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror. My hair is messed up, sticking all over the place from where Adina ran her hands through it, my eyes look dazed from my lack of sleep, and my eye bags come out more than usual.

I wash my face quickly before heading downstairs quietly and going to the kitchen to make Adina and me some breakfast.