Chapter Thirty-Seven || memories

THREE WEEKS HAVE gone by since I left, and all I can say is that I don't think it's getting better

THREE WEEKS HAVE gone by since I left, and all I can say is that I don't think it's getting better. The feelings I have towards Vaughn aren't going away, and I don't think they ever will.

And no matter how many times I try and push down the aching feeling of the loss I've gone through recently, it just comes back.

However, on the bright side, I did get my first full night of sleep since coming back, so I guess that's something.

And another good thing that's happened is that my art teacher from the Academy, Mrs. Reynolds, contacted Dad, asking if I could still participate in the Summer Auction.

And after a lot of persuasion, we came to an agreement. One I'm not so fond of.

I will go to the Auction, but so will he, as well as Adrian and Toni. Fuck my life.

Dad's just gonna be hanging over my shoulder the entire time, probably looking to see if I'll try and make a run for it. Perhaps to a certain tall, green-eyed seventeen-year-old.

Adrian's going to try and be supportive, up until he sees any girl with a decent set of tits and/or ass. Which then he'll just leave me for the rest of the night.

And it's not like I can rely on a five-year-old to guide me through the night, so I did what I had to do and invited Arden and Darius to come along.

Surprised? Probably not.

Because if I were to be left alone, god knows what I would do. And I can't say that the two fashionistas weren't excited about going.

Arden squealed. Squealed. And Dare started jumping up and down, giggling. I was confused, to say the least.

Now all that there is left to do is finish my piece for the Auction, which I'm rushing to get done. It's laughable.

I can't think of anything, and I mean anything that would be good enough to present to a room full of, not only my peers but also a bunch of rich people, who are gonna judge the hell out of whatever I create. And I don't know if I can handle that amount of stress right now.

What a way to spend my birthday.

But, not only that, I have to spend it, in a room, with the one person that's been on my mind since I met them. How am I going to do this?

But, I know things will get better. They have to. Because I don't know what I'll do if they don't.

Speaking of he-who-shall-not-be-named, the texts and calls that kept on coming after I left have suddenly stopped. I get it. He's probably done with my bullshit now and has finally given up.