Chapter Thirty-Two || ew

AFTER THAT NIGHT we spent the rest of the alone time we had together in bed, relaxing, and watching all of Vaughn's favorite movies

Forrest Gump, Rocky, Rocky II, 10 Things I Hate About You, and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

We ordered in and took a bath, with bubbles and candles. I wanted him to feel comfortable after everything that happened. I wanted him to know that nothing is wrong with what happened, especially after everything he had been through.

Then after we woke up the next morning, we packed everything up before heading back to the boarding houses.

It's now Tuesday, and I'm in Math with Vaughn, Eris, Xav, Summer, and Sawyer.

As usual, the three girls are sat in front of the two boys and me.

Vaughn's arm is casually thrown around the back of my chair, his fingers playing with the ends of my hair while Summer and Xavier continue with their usual bickering. Except this time, it's a lot more playful.

When we all came home after the weekend, Sum began telling us about their few days together. About how their parents apparently know each other and planned to go to brunch, including the children.

She says she hated every minute of it, but I know I wasn't the only one who saw the little hint of pink on her cheeks when she told us they swam in the lake together.

But, I feel as though my eyes are playing tricks on me because, although it's playful banter between two friends, and I use that term lightly, they are definitely not holding back on their little digs towards the other.

"What did I even do?" Xavier raises an eyebrow, looking between all of us, a small smile playing on his lips. Summer scoffs.

"What did I even do?" She imitates him, causing all of us to laugh except Xav, who narrows his eyes at her.

"I was just stating the facts, Sum. If you can't take that by now, then why are we even friends?"

"We're not friends," Summer says, a smirk curling in the corner of her lips. "How many times do I have to say 'you're annoying' for you to get it through your head?"

"Mmmmm," Xavier looks up as if he's taking what she said into consideration. "I'd say about once more."

Summer's face goes blank, eyes dead, as all of us chuckle at the two.

"Mr. Hill," our math teacher, Mr. Crowe, catches our attention, "please get on with your work."

Summer bursts out laughing, but it's more like an evil cackle, her eyes glinting in amusement as they fall upon Xavier's shocked face.