Prologue

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME Adina?!" My father shouts as I sit in the chair opposite his desk, watching him pace back and forth, the veins in his forehead popping in anger

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME Adina?!" My father shouts as I sit in the chair opposite his desk, watching him pace back and forth, the veins in his forehead popping in anger. "I thought we talked about this."

When my Dad is angry I can go about it in either one of two ways; apologize profusely, and hope I don't get more than a grounding and a choice of sharp words, or act like I usually do nowadays, like I couldn't care less about whether my actions have consequences. Because usually, they don't.

My mouth opens, a small smirk elicited from the words coming to my head. "Oh, we did. I just decided not to listen." I smugly tell him, crossing my arms in front of me. Although basic, my words have the right effect on my father, his brows furrowing in the way they do when he's angry at me.

I don't know what is so funny about getting your parent riled up, but the way his face scrunches up may have something to do with it.

"Signore dammi forza." Dad sighs as he looks up to the ceiling, his hands coming to his face before he rubs his eyes in what I think is frustration. "Do you enjoy making my life harder than it already is?"

"I wouldn't say 'enjoy', per se, it's just something that happens naturally."

My Dad's hand crashing onto the desk makes me jump in surprise, a stern look on his face.

"Stop with the fucking attitude, Adina. I thought I raised you better than this," he spits out. The latter statement probably is him referring to why he's shouting to me in the first place.

"Clearly not," I mutter under my breath, rolling my eyes. "And, what did you expect me to do? Just stand by and watch her bully everyone?"

Her being an annoying bitch called Tiana Harris, the girl who got me suspended for the second time this year. To be plain, if I had done the things I had done to her to anyone else, I would say I deserve the punishments I have and am about to receive, but Tiana deserves everything I have thrown at her, if not more.

Since Freshman Year, Tiana has gone around school, picking on the people she deems 'less fortunate', or who she is simply jealous of—i.e. me, due to who my parents are.

Anastasia James and Vincent Ricci were the 'it' couple of their time, with my mother being one of the most famous and highly respected actresses of the 90s, and my father, who started his own tech company, becoming one of the youngest millionaires of his time.

All eyes were on the high school sweethearts, who had lost each other before coming back together in their early twenties.

The pair were at the peak of their fame by the time they got married and had kids, meaning said children would have the pressure of everyone's eyes on them, through childhood, puberty. Grief.