15

My heart is a complete mess
Because of you

Soyoung ambled along the arena- long brown hair falling straight down her shoulder and onto her back slightly swaying as she walked with eyes unwavering on the ground, deep in thoughts

"I didn't recruit you in for nothing. You-"

What was he going to say?!

"Wall" The familiar voice interjected making Soyoung look up and her eyes widened at the sight of the rigid wall right ahead- too late for her to stop her walking pace and she collided head-on with the concrete.

"Ow- fuck!" She hissed out, cupping her forehead that tingled with pain, instinctively taking a step back.

Hearing a chuckle she glanced up only to see him have a slight mocking smile on his lips as he inspected the hood of his Corvette and she shot him a glare though he wasn't looking at her.

"So funny, Mark" Soyoung muttered out, rolling her eyes as she turned around and reclined against the wall with arms crossed across her chest.

"Why are you here?" He asked, looking through the various cables surrounding the engine.
"I don't know what you call that- practice? Training?" Soyoung trailed off with a sigh under breath, recollecting Hendery's words and he simply nodded.

Her eyes dropped onto the hood of the flame red car, "Supercharged engine?" She asked, as she approached him and he hummed in response.

"The car too has to compliment the drivers skill- nothing uncommon" He spoke out, straightening himself with his hands resting on the brim of the exterior.

"My first, I never got to deal with race cars before" She explained, keenly observing every component of the car- eyes narrowed down, brows knitted together with lips slightly parted.

Intrigued, Soyoung outstretched her arm to run a hand over the shimmering silver metal but Mark clasped onto hers- his fingers curling over hers, the warmth spreading over her palm making her look up at him, questionably.

"No touching" Soyoung rolled her eyes at his words, "I rode in your Chevy the other day, if you remember" His brow raised amusedly, the corner of his lips quirked into a smirk.

"Of course, I never let that slip out of my mind in the first place" He answered- the grin widening and she avoided his eyes, abruptly feeling self-conscious under the weight of his gaze.

"Good?" She let out in a quiet tone, not knowing how to respond- eyes wandering around the empty surroundings before quickly retracting her hand from his hold and he let out a small laugh before turning his attention back onto his car.

"You think you can survive this? The underworld?" He began, engrossed into examining the engine and she furrowed her brows at his question.

"Why?"
"Just" He shrugged, casting her a brief look before he continued with his work, "Not everyone voluntarily walks into danger" He glanced up, eying the surroundings- indicating the underworld.

Soyoung turned around to face him, shifting her weight on her leg, "Are you implying that the underworld is simply danger?" She asked, genuinely wanting his answer.

Mark remained silent, mulling over her words, "Is it not?" He counter-questioned with a click of his tongue before his parted lips shut close.

"You keep dodging all my questions" Soyoung pointed out, narrowing her eyes down on him as she stepped beside him such that she was now facing him.

Exhaling out deeply, Mark pushed away his thoughts before straightening himself, "Well, Hendery should be answering all your questions" He stated, raising his hand to grip onto the pivot metal canopy before shutting it to a close with an audible click.

"What's with you today?" She spoke out, leaning against the adjacent wall with legs crossed at her ankle, eyes trailing over the lustrous, bright red exterior of his car.

"Why?" He raised a brow stepping towards where she was currently standing at as he ran his fingers through his pitch black hair, tangling it up yet it only complimented his looks further.

"You tell, you're suddenly acting like you hate me" She let out, raising her chin to lean her head on the concrete, gently, with eyes roaming around.

"Hate you?" He repeated, questioning her back with her words and she looked up at him only to see him inching closer to her- his arm raising up and resting above her head as he leaned down further towards her.

Soyoung froze, eyes widening at his actions- her heart thudding in her chest and though she had the urge to look away, her eyes refused to leave his alluring black eyes.

"Hate is a strong word, Soyoung" Mark dipped his head lower, the soft tips of his black hair brushing her forehead and her eyes fluttered shut- fingers curling into her palm to keep herself composed upon practically feeling the warmth radiating off of him onto her.

"You have always got my liking Youn, I could never hate you" The words left his mouth as a whisper, lingering right above her ear with a teasing smirk dancing on his red lips and her breath hitched in her dry throat at his words, forcing herself to break their eye contact with butterflies in her stomach.

Was lowly gonna have him call her beautiful but that's too fast ig? Idk..

I'm so sooo sorry for not updating the entire last week or so. I had mid sem exams and college assignments, just depressing shit 😔

Anywaysss I will primarily focus on updating Illicit so enjoy ;)