47

Open up the mysterious world so far

The three were escorted into a room that looked like an office- numerous black files were stacked on the two huge shelves which occupied majority of the space while on the table lay cluttered unpinned sheets of printed paperwork

Observing how the dealer walked around languidly, it gave away that the owner of the room was Xiaojun himself.

Xiaojun walked over to his desk, scraping his chair towards him, "Take a seat," He gestured at the three who wordlessly seated themselves down on the vacant chairs that were strewn across.

Soyoung stayed silent, she didn't even know why she was currently sitting in the room when she practically had nothing to do but she was thankful to Yeonjun for letting her tag along since this felt much better than having to stay alone in the headquarters.

Yeonjun parted his lips, a soft sound escaping his mouth as he began his statement but broke off when the latter waved a quick hand, "Firstly, what do I get to avail myself?".

"Your safety is in line, if that's what you're concerned with" Yeonjun answered and the dealer nodded, "Of course, you have my trust. Changbin is bigger than any client I could possible place a deal with".

Those words gained Soyoung's attention, still wondering as to why exactly do everyone speak so highly of Seo Changbin since all she was aware of was that he is their manager and is not-so-courteous when it comes to conversing, especially if the listener on the other end was Soyoung.

Yeonjun propped his elbows on his thigh, "What do you insist on?".
"You see, every deed had some price to pay" Just as his words ended, Mark let out an audible scoff, derisively.

"So you make the most off of people's deeds?" Mark's low voice ripped through the air and he spread his legs forward, resting his arm on top of the chair, leisurely, "Bullshit".

The remarks that left his lips elicited a laugh from Xiaojun, his head tipping back as he did but the underlying sarcasm evidently carried across to them and the tension in the air arose.

Soyoung slightly tensed, straightening her back as she looked away from the two, sharing a glance with Yeonjun who did not seem pleased—not even the slightest bit—with Mark's comments.

"Mark, I don't want to hear a word from you again" Yeonjun stated as he turned to face the said boy and Mark rolled his eyes, throwing his head back with closed eyes while interlacing his fingers through his jet black hair.

Soyoung sighed under her breath, somewhat disappointed with how the situation had turned out and her gaze fleeted onto the dealer to see if he was shooting daggers with his eyes at Mark but much to her surprise, he kept his calm, the slant smile still persisting on his lips.

Yeonjun let out a soft exhale, eyes darting from Mark to the person seated ahead, "Xiaojun, we are in a tight spot right now- everything is bleak and I am here to seek your assistance on this".