22

My world that will be shown before you

Soyoung stepped out of the car, hand still lying over the cold door handle, squinting her eyes as she made an effort to make out her surroundings but nonetheless her vision was blurred with pitch blackness

"Umm," She began, reluctantly, "Can you like guide me?" She softly let out, not knowing whether he would accept to assist her or downright reject her.

There was absolute silence on the other side, not a syllable escaping his mouth and soon the sound of footsteps approaching towards her made the girl straighten herself, partially turning to face the direction from where his footsteps were heard.

Soyoung blinked, feeling his presence near her yet she couldn't exactly point on where he was standing or facing but when she felt a hand rest on her upper arm, she stiffened.

"Walk" His hoarse tone muttered right next to her ear and she nodded, letting herself follow his guidance- his fingers barely brushing her skin, just above her elbow as they walked alongside.

Soyoung glanced at him, taking cautious steps up the elevated pathway that lead to the very first floor of the building.

Changbin's feet halted and so did the girl pause on her track, awaiting for him to proceed.

A door clicked open and his grasp left her arm- the dim yellow tinted lights illuminated from the room invaded her vision and she blinked, readjusting her eyes to the intense of the beaming light.

"Come in" Was all he said before his footsteps faded further.

"Wait- hey-" Soyoung broke off with a sigh, trailing behind him and shutting the door to a close behind her.

Stepping in, her eyes landed on all the others who sat scattered in the relatively huge room- a sigh of relief escaping her lips to know they all were safe and sound.

"Changbin," She called out, tone stern yet a hint of hesitation lingered, not knowing whether he was someone she could put all her trust into.

Changbin paused mid-way, turning around to face the girl, "What?".

And that was the first time she had seen him and a flicker of surprise on her face as she ranked her eyes over him- his soft features lay utterly contrasting to his raspy, authoritative voice and the apathetic, dark gaze that held little-to-no emotions.

"We need to talk..?" Those words slipped her lips more of a question rather than a statement, tilting her head as she awaited his response.

"There is nothing to talk" He sharply exhaled with a shake of his head, leaning himself on the wall with legs crossed at his ankle.

"Where is Mark?" The honey-soft voice carried through the air and she turned around to face the owner.

Yeri stood reclined against the white wall with arms crossed across her black dress, tips of her hair brushing her shoulder and her signature cherry-red lipstick still bright and prominent.

"He will be here in a few," Changbin waved aside her words with quick wave of his hand, his attention drifting over to San who spoke up.

"Why were they here? You or..." San trailed off and all their eyes—except Changbin— flickered over to Soyoung who stood at the doorway.

"What?" She uttered out with wide eyes, clasping her hands behind her back, anxious upon having all their eyes on her.

Soyoung internally panicked, heartbeat spiking in her chest and their gazes broke away when Hendery spoke up, "I don't see a reason why they would strike in unforeseen" Hendery raised his shoulder to a shrug with furrowed brows, musing over his own words.

"It shouldn't be them, but if it is," Changbin broke off with a curt nod and the rest nodded in acknowledgment while Soyoung was the only one absolutely lost in the conversation, not being able to interpret what they indicated.

Soyoung fidgetted with her fingers- the feeling of being left out ticking her off and after contemplating for a few seconds, she decided to stay tongue-tied and not voice out her thoughts.

The screeching sound of the tiers reached her ears and she glanced at the direction of sound, soon finding the door swing open to reveal the very familiar figure.

Mark.

Soyoung instinctively took a step towards him, feeling the urge to check up on him but she stopped mid-way, repressing herself, not wanting to look intrusive.

Changbin stared at Mark, exhaling out loudly, "Who?" He apathetically asked, sliding his hands in his pocket.

Mark's eyes flickered over to Soyoung and down at her wrist before landing his gaze on Changbin, "Later".

How are you all so calm?

Soyoung couldn't comprehend why she felt so exasperated at their composed selves nor why she was concerned over people whom she barely built a relation with, yet there was fear and fret persisting in her.

Changbin hummed in response, "Get in. We will have a meeting tomorrow before noon" With that said, he spun around on his heels, walking away.

Soyoung watched as the rest trailed behind, occupying each of the rooms before drifting her attention onto Mark.

"Aren't you going?" She asked, pointing at where the rooms were situated at and he nodded, inching towards her.

"Yes but," Mark paused, outstretching his arm that clasped onto her hand, raising it up as he eyed the desiccated blood stain on her wrist, "I don't exactly like seeing this on you so, let's get this treated first".