28

As my steps go
I'm out of breath

Soyoung stepped out of her car, cautious hands clutching the door impelling it to a close

A soft breath as she turned around, pattering her way to the rear of her house- her surround engulfed in the darkness partly blinding her vision but the pathway wasn't something foreign to the girl.

Her hands gripped onto the subtly corrode wood, jerking the back-door open and crouching down, she entered inside the house through the small yet ample portal that drew a connection directly to the first floor.

Soyoung warily skimmed through the living room and kitchenette but when she spot no presence, she stablized herself on the tips of her feet, toeing her way inside the building.

The sole of her feet distancing from the wooden plank as she scaled up the staircase with atmost attention and vigilance.

Being caught would probably be the last thing on earth she wished for.

She wouldn't care, Soyoung thought attempting to calm herself down, She would never check up on me, The insisting thought that stood firm convinced her to force out a nod and brush aside everything else that creeped into her mind.

Her feet lowered onto the marble, halting in front of her door and she softly clicked the door to her room open and walked in- her thumping heart gradually dropping its pace to normal and a sigh of relief instinctively escaped her mouth, soothing all of her nerves.

Soyoung reached over for the cabinet, placing her phone down on the bed-side stand and when her aimlessly wandering eyes noticed the absence of something, she paused.

Her eyes darted over inside the ledge, doing a double-take for confirmation and they shot wide open upon realizing the absence of the card.

The card San had offered her on their very first encounter.

Panic-stricken, her hands hurriedly rummaged through everything resting on the ledge, bed-side stand and beneath her duvet but it was no where to be found.

"What the fuck" She breathed out, running a hand through her hair- forehead creasing as she strained herself to remember the last time she had caught sight of it.

"If it's not in my room.. then either I'd lost it or—" She trailed off, hands dropping onto her sides in disbelief, "No, no, there's no way- she can't- she wouldn't have found it"

The string of incoherent words slipped her lips, shaking her head to not convincing herself into believing that her mother had found out—

"Soyoung, are you searching for this?"

The voice emerging from behind made her go rigid- chilled to her bone at the sound of her very own mother who might now be knowing more than she probably should have.

A deep exhale before she spun around to face her mother- honey brown eyes falling onto the card the women clutched in between her fingers, "Yes".

Soyoung walked over, extending her arm to grab the card but her mother jerked her hand back making her paused mid-way.

"What is this?" Eunji asked, crossing her arms across her chest and the girl's shoulders slouched watching the card sink in the elder's folded arms.

But she never cared??, The little voice in the back of her mind argued, There is no way she would know.. right?, And what made her heartbeat spike was that the answer to that persisting question was still up in the air.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing" Soyoung uttered out, waving her hands as a 'no' and Eunji squint her eyes on her daughter, suspicion swimming in her gaze which Soyoung undoubtedly refused to holding contact with.

Eunji stared at her in silence before holding out her arm towards the girl and Soyoung acted quicker than ever in taking the card back in her own hands.

Soyoung briefly casted her eyes over the writing imprinted on the card- Hidden Cellar, Seoul.

A soft breath at ease as relief washed over her senses to know there was no other information given out except for the whereabouts of the arena- which had been absolutely wrecked after the bikers had thrashed in the other day.

Soyoung could not decipher if it was something good that her mother hadn't spoken a word, not even as an advice, but simply exited her room.

"Rest" Soyoung muttered out, making her way towards her bed, "Soyoung" Her mother called out once again making her glance over her shoulder, "Yeah?".

"Your safety always stands first in line, don't forget" Those were the last words before she pulled the door to a close, leaving the girl alone in her room- bewildered as to what the true meaning her words had hinted.

This is sort of a filler chapter so bleh

Also, a little warning: you ain't ready for the next chapter ;)