23

Now close your eyes
And freely breathe in

"Get in" Mark spoke while opening the vacant room door wide enough for the girl and she entered inside, following which trailed Mark

"Sit," Mark gestured towards the bed situated in the center of the room, clicking the door to a close and she nodded, wordlessly seating herself down at one corner of the bed.

Mark walked over to the cabinet and while rummaging through the content, his eyes flickered over to the mirror ahead that exhibited her reflection- watching her as she sat on the edge of the bed with hands locked in her lap, stance cautious and self-conscious.

Mark let out a deep chuckle from the back of his throat, the corner of his lip curving from a straight line, "Make yourself comfortable" He spoke, turning around with a white box clutched in his hand.

Soyoung nodded, altering into a more comfortable position and soon Mark settled down beside her- placing the white box in between the two, causing a trifling depression onto the soft cushion.

"Don't think anyone did welcome you, so I am. This is our headquarters- Phoenix" He explained, ferreting around through the content in the box and she nodded in acknowledgment with wandering eyes as she took note of it.

"That's cause they didn't get time to" She corrected and he shook his head with a scoff under his breath, "They never made time to" He trailed off into a whisper, inaudible to the girl.

"What?" She tilted her head, raising a brow, indicating for him to repeat himself but he simply shrugged, now turning to face the girl.

"Hm," Mark hummed, gesturing towards her hand and she outstretched her arm, which he soon reached onto with gentle hands- his callous fingers wrapped around her wrist, wary of the laceration.

Soyoung wordlessly watched as Mark scrubbed off the dried reddish-brown patch of blood with a dampened cotton swab- his black eyes focused, the black hairline brushing his eyelashes as soft breaths slipped his slightly parted natural red tinted lips, completely engrossed.

A small smile etched onto her lips, eyes unwavering on his figure, those simple actions making her heartbeat spike in her chest.

Feeling the weight of her gaze, Mark glanced up, his eyes meeting hers and she instantly looked away, embarrassed to have been caught while staring causing a grin to pull up on his lips yet he didn't utter a word about it.

"How did it go with Changbin?" He asked, initiating the conversation and just at the thought of the manager a sigh escaped her mouth, shoulders slouching.

"I don't know.. just, he wasn't cordial" She responded and he nodded, grabbing onto another fresh swab of cotton and a black tinted bottle which was labeled rubbing alcohol.

"You can still place your trust in him" Mark stated, clasping onto her hand once again and she simply stared, soon feeling the coolness penetrate through her wound from the cotton before an acute tingle stroke at her wrist.

"Ow!" She let out a wince in pain and he paused, speaking with eyes still lingering on her wrist, "Don't move" His hoarse tone sounded authoritative, making her clench her fist tight, breath hitching at her throat as she attempted to restrain herself from screaming or jerking her arm as he disinfected the slash.

And for the rest of the time, Soyoung decided to remain silent and let him wrap the white gauze around her wrist, swaddling her laceration.

"Change the dressing once a day, it's just a dry wound" He instructed while standing up and grabbing onto the box, "And, this stimulates healing" He placed the antibiotic ointment on the bed before walking over to the cabinet.

"How are you so acquainted with all this?"
Mark's eyes briefly flickered over to her, meeting her gaze through the reflection in the mirror, "I've dealt with way too many of those. I'm no stranger to it" He replied, spinning around on his heal and leaning himself against the wooden table with legs crossed at his ankle.

Soyoung hummed in acknowledgment, lips parting open to voice out the question that had been gnawing at her since a very long time, "About what happened today.. is everything really okay?" She trailed off, uncertain on how to phrase her thoughts.

"These do happen quite occasionally, nothing major" Though his voice sounded reassuring, the worried expression masking his face did not help the situation get any better.

"It's getting late," Mark eyed the clock that was clung onto the wall, quick to divert the topic, "Settle in any one of the vacant rooms" He pushed himself off the table, nearing the girl.

Soyoung was about to speak but broke off when she felt a vibration in her pocket, quickly delving in and grabbing onto her phone.

"Yeah?" Soyoung let out, pressing the phone to her ear, "Where are you?" Her mother's stern tone made her straighten up, caught off guard by the unanticipated question.

"Me? Uh, at the garag—"
"I know you aren't at the garage. Get back home quick." With that said the call ended, not giving the girl a chance to speak and she groaned out in complain, sliding the phone back into her pocket.

"I have to leave" She uttered out in a hurry and though his brow raised questionably, he did give her a nod in agreement.

"I need you here tomorrow morning, we have a meeting" He reminded and she nodded, opening the door and exiting his room.

"Oh, wait- I can drop you home, it's late" Mark hastily trailed behind her, stepping out of his room and she waved aside his words, scurrying towards the exit door.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine" Soyoung waved with her back still turned at him as she swung the exit door wide open and stepped out.

"And Mark," She called out, "Yeah?" He let out, expectantly glancing at the girl.

Soyoung raised her hand that was covered with the white gauze, "Thank you for this" She offered a genuine smile before shutting the door close and out of his sight earning a soft chuckle from the boy.

Yeah I am still alive
How have you been? I miss you all sm 🥺