4

This empty feeling on the street,
Fill it with the heat reloading..

Soyoung snapped to look up at the honey like soft voice that emerged beside her, eyes halting on the person and her lips parted, practically gawking at how pretty the girl looked

The short black hair brushing her shoulders, the tight black dress clinging onto her body outlining her perfect figure, her black eyes glistening under the moonlight and the red lipstick prominent accentuating her features caught her off guard.

"You're staring darling" She cooed with a grin on her lips as she raked a hand down her hair.

Soyoung instantly averted her gaze, mentally cursing herself for getting caught as she mumbled out a 'sorry' under her breath.

"You were dragged in here weren't you?" She asked, slightly leaning towards her and Soyoung nodded, "What gave it away?".

She raised a finger with her black painted nails, pointing at her appearance, "I don't think any girl would come in like this" Soyoung let out a small laugh at her comment.

"Who got you here- Hendery? San?"
"Choi San did" She gave a nod knowingly as she spun around on her heel to face the racing track.

"I'm Soyoung" She introduced herself and the girl beamed her a half-smile, "Yeri" She shortly replied and Soyoung gave a nod, taking note of her name in her mind.

"So, you like cars?"
"Much more, I know in-and-out about them" Yeri wordlessly gave a nod in response, her eyes roaming round the open area.

"Ever been to a race before?"
"No, it's my first"
"You're lucky" Yeri hummed and the girl tilted her head questioningly.

"You're getting to see him race at your first time"
"Why, is he good or bad?"
"Too good in fact," Yeri stressed on 'too' with her finger tracing an imaginary check mark in the air.

"He is all that you would ask for" She remarked with a smirk widening on her lips, fingers tucking strands on her hair behind her ear as she spoke.

Soyoung's eyebrows jumped up slightly, blinking as she tried to decipher her words- that was definitely something she would never say out loud to anyone, anyone.

"And," The girl glanced at her with a perfect eyebrow raised, "I still didn't get your answer- him or the car?".

Soyoung's eyes drifted over to the boy who was now conversing with someone- her eyes lingered over his figure for a few seconds while mulling over her words.

A chuckle left her lips upon noticing how the girl kept her eyes fixated on the boy, "Him, of course him" She muttered out and Soyoung remained silent, not knowing what to respond to those words.

"He really does get everyone's attention- it's him, always" Her last word leaving her lips with a hint of annoyance yet Soyoung decided to pay no heed to it as she turned around with her hands gently gripping onto the railing.

"The race is to begin soon," Yeri gave her arm a gentle tap, pointing at something and the girl wordlessly looked over to her left- eyes darting over to the racing circuit in front of her.

Soyoung let her eyes trail over the line cars that halted before the flagger who clutched a flashlight- Lamborghinis, Nissans, McLarens and a lot more were set down yet her eyes searched for the radiant red Chevrolet Corvette which wasn't at sight.

"Isn't the Chevy guy gonna take part tonight?" Yeri let out a laugh at the nickname 'Chevy guy'.

The crowd abruptly began wilding with excitement making the two drift their attention over to their surroundings only to catch sight of the car that dawdled towards the start line.

"There he is" Yeri chuckled eying the car that had just made an appearance at the track.

Soyoung instantly stood upright, fingers tightening around the railing as she focused on the specific car at the centre, the corner of her lip quirked up without her consent.

Yeri ranked her eyes over the girl's face that evidently brightened with curiosity.
"Excited?"
"Very much" Soyoung nodded, hugging her arms closer to her body as she tried to keep herself warm.

"Don't blink, you don't want to miss even a second of it" Yeri spoke leaning forward for a better view and the two watched as the engines purred to life with a gust of smoke twirling round the cars.

The flagger stepped forward, waving his hand as he made sure all the cars were at the line, ready to speed into the race.

Three.

Two.

"Name, what's his name?" Soyoung asked with her gaze unwavering on the car.
"You'll get to know that yourself in a few seconds, just keep watching"

One.

And before Soyoung could decipher those words, the flashlight flickered on and in the blink of an eye all the cars accelerated past the line making the air encircling her grow much hotter with the exhaust emitted from the cars as her hair went whipping back yet her eyes never left the Corvette.

I'm a car enthusiast so this whole concept gets me hyped 😌✌️