25

I like it when we get closer,
When it gets risky

Soyoung ambled along the path with aimlessly wandering eyes, drowning in a pool of her own thoughts as she attempted to make some sense off of the meeting yet all she could derive were answered questions

Reaching the very end of the basement, she snapped out of her trance, turning around to skim through her surroundings- her eyes subconsciously searching for the flame red Corvette and a small frown tugged onto her lips at the absence of the car.

"Mark?" The sudden voice emerging from behind made the girl pause and glance over her shoulder only to spot San.

"Huh?" She uttered out, not catching onto his words, "Were you searching for Mark?" San repeated himself with eyes focused on inspecting his jet black Bugatti.

"No" Soyoung's instinctive response made him chuckle out, eyes briefly flickering over to the girl, "Sure, I'll take that answer" A small smile curved on lips and she averted her gaze, embarrassed.

"Looks like you have to get it mended" Soyoung diverted, eying the deflated car tyre, "Need some help?" She asked, nearing the car.

"It's just a perforation" He confirmed with fingers tapping the rubber covering, "I can deal with it" He shrugged and the girl straightened herself, nodding.

"Someone else might need your help though" San said as he stood up, gently dusting his black jeans, "Come along" He walked past her and though she was perplexed, she wordlessly trailed behind him.

San bend down, finger pressing down onto the green button and the door unraveled itself to reveal the bare, dry ground on the rear side of the building with a string of garages lining the periphery of the sanded area.

"Who?" Soyoung asked as she peeked with intrigued eyes, much impressed with the headquarters.

"The one you were searching for" San replied offering her a thin yet teasing grin and she rolled her eyes not knowing if he meant it or was just being playful.

"I wasn't searching for him" She defended herself and he swayed his head to his side in small nods, muttering out a 'yeah sure' sarcastically.

"Go" San jerked his chin in the direction, "I'll see you later" With that said, he spun around on his heel and walked away before the girl could respond.

Soyoung shrugged it aside, making her way towards the garage and her eyes landed onto the half-rolled garage door.

Ducking down, she silently slipped inside the garage- instantly recognizing the very familiar car that was halted in the centre with its hood yawning.

Her hand lowered down on the button and the door gradually drew to a close- the beaming light fading as darkness swallowed up the room and Soyoung exhaled out in relief upon feeling a waft of fresh, cold air strike her skin.