45

The secret is unraveling
Only you're my exit

Soyoung had her eyes wide open, staring at the white ceiling with thoughts running across her mind and she breathed out, not being able to fall asleep

A few days had passed since the headquarters were attacked and on hold until Changbin was to put forward some proposal. Meanwhile, everyone kept themselves confined to their own rooms, only indulging in short conversations when stumbling across someone in the hallway.

Soyoung took all of this time to recover herself with ample rest- making an effort to clear her mind as well but it was much of a challenging task than she had expected it to be, having to deal with all that was currently going on.

Her eyes darted onto the clock suspended on the wall and noticing that it had already been past two in the morning, she sighed out loud. She had been tossing around relentlessly yet not a slightest sign of drowse evident on her face.

Soyoung groaned as she sat upright, slightly frustrated at all her attempts to doze were in vain and instead, decided to take a walk to the balcony that was situated at the end of the hallway on her floor.

Simply stepping into the open, she was greeted with the cold flurry of pristine air making her shudder yet it felt soothing, a soft smile drawing on her lips as she propped her elbows on railing and let her eyes wander around the scenery.

The sky was turning into shade of turquoise blue at the natural light, marking the crack of dawn. She closed her eyes, letting herself fall into the arms of her own mind.

In fact she had a lot on her mind, numerous things she wanted to inquire and get an answer so she could let go off them without a worry but she didn't know whom to ask.

She was a hundred-percent sure that even if she did ask, she wouldn't get an answer either way, so she did not bother about it starting a conversation as such.

"You awake?" The voice asked making her glance over her shoulder only to spot Yeonjun who had exited his room- still in his black jeans and white shirt, hair slightly disheveled yet he appeared wide awake.

"Did you not rest?" She asked, eying his attire that gave away he had been busy with some paperwork, as always, and he shrugged, threading his fingers through his hair and pushing it back as he approached her.

"I could not drift off" She said, answering his earlier question, watching him take his place beside her with his fingers curling around the metal bar, eyes roaming ahead.

Yeonjun simply nodded, "What's on your mind?" He asked as though he could read her mind but then Soyoung did not mull over it knowing her concern was probably written all over her face.

"A lot" She mutters, looking ahead as she straightened herself, "I can't see where all of this is heading. It's all so messy and chaotic, I feel a bit frustrated to say the least" She voiced out, drumming her fingers softly on the metal.

Everytime her nails connected with the bar, it clinked, the only sound that lingered between the two for a few seconds before the informant broke the stillness.

"There is more to come. Stronger ones to encounter and the intensity of which is still far-off our acknowledgment. This is just the very beginning Soyoung" His words sent shivers down her spine and as much as she hated to accept, he was right.

Apprehending the reality of their obscured future heightened her worry and a frown tugged at her lips, "I really wish for this to end" She mumbles to herself, exhaling out loud.

Their conversation was momentarily brought to a cease, both aimlessly staring at their surroundings with neither of them uttering a word. It wasn't awkward, yet not entirely comforting but at the moment, this was the last thing she could dwell on.

"Can I ask you something?" She begins, tone hinting reluctance but he was her only hope. Yeonjun was always the blunt and straight-to-the-point type of guy, and this made him her only option to get answers. The only person who could untangle her thoughts right now.

Though all she got in response was his silence, she nevertheless proceeded with her question.

"Does any of this have something to do with me?" She asked, eyes still ahead and from her peripheral vision she could spot him turn to look at her, his expression indistinct but she was aware of his attention that had now settled onto the girl.

"I noticed, the way I'm being mentioned often as a reason for whatever is happening" She added, articulating her little observations and a wry chuckle left her lips, "It just feels a bit early for me to be at ease with absolute strangers".

Yeonjun stared at her, listening to her with pursed lips before they parted, "You have something as a probable answer as well, don't you?" He asked and she turned to face him, meeting his gaze.

"I do," She nods, "Does this involve my mum?" She inquired, arching her eyebrow, awaiting him to respond- her curiosity elevating in order to know whether her prediction was heading in the right direction or not.

Yeonjun expression changed, a very slight switch but noticeable enough- both his eyebrows jumping up in surprise, "Do you not know?" He questioned and she shook her head while mouthing a soft 'no'.

"Your father," He said and her heart lurched in her chest, eyes snapping wide, "What do you mean..?" She breathed out, lips parting in astonishment at not just the news but also at how he was aware of her father whom she had never disclosed about to anyone.

"Choi Sanghoon was the former manager of Pheonix, Soyoung"

Now the plot thickens, y'all be prepared. Things boutta go deep and shit from now on 👀

Also, I will be updating every Friday because my lazy ass tends to procrastinate if I didn't give myself some deadline so yeah. Once again I'm very very sorry for the slow updates :((