5

Ain't no stopping,
Just turn up the heat

Ain't no stopping, Just turn up the heat

Tears.

Soyoung had tears lining the cornea of her honey brown eyes, literally, at how she resisted the urge to blink even once- eyes trained on the red corvette.

And much to her surprise it wasn't the car at the forefront.

Soyoung slightly bent to her side, making sure she dipped her head towards Yeri's ear, eyes still persisting on the car as she spoke.

"Are you sure it was him you talked about?" She asked in a hushed tone and the girl chuckled out, "Don't speak too quick darling".

"Sure?" Soyoung hastily glimpsed at her just when Yeri turned her head to face her, the tip of their nose brushing against one another and Soyoung's breath hitched, eyes snapping wide open.

Shit.

Soyoung instantly jerked her head away as she distanced herself from the girl, "S-sorry" She stuttered, averting her gaze with her heart thudding in her chest.

Yeri let her eyes rank over the girl's face, just a small grin lingering on her lips as she did so before drifting her attention back to the race.

The smokey black Bugatti Chiron lead the field, twisting recklessly and looping round the corner, almost touching the tip of the olive green Lamborghini Sian that stood right at its tail.

And just when the Sian was about to take over the Chiron, the Nissan came pacing forward, blocking the Lamborghini from speeding any further.

"Smart move" She muttered.

Soyoung's eyes flickered over to the three cars that frantically battled for supremacy and her heart almost lurched at the gap that dangerously narrowed down between them at every swift turn they swept.

"You don't want that to break now" Yeri spoke out, eying Soyoung's hand that grasped onto the railing so tight that her knuckled began turning pale.

Soyoung's eyebrows jumped, not realizing she was even holding onto the bars so hard and wordlessly she let go off the metal, forehead creased as her teeth caned down on her pink lower lip, beyond focused.

"Chiron is naturally fast,"
"The driver's skill matter as well" Yeri stated, nodding her head ever so slightly.

The engines roared as the cars head towards the last bend of the race circuit- the Chiron still on the lead as the driver occupied the wider range.