29

World, there's a secret in this place

10: 24 PM

LABYRINTH CASINO,
SEOUL

The dim red-and-blue lights filtered across the zone with the obnoxiously loud, ear-ripping EDM music bouncing through the speakers, harmonizing with pace of the thumping hearts- the exuberant aura standing utterly ironic to the locale that drowned deep in the shadows of the heart of the city.

Amidst all the chaos, the tall figure sauntered through the maze of strangers- wending his way into and out of the bodies that stuck together, swinging and swaying along with the sparkling liquids swirling in their hands.

Labyrinth, literally.

But the boy was well acquainted, his slitted gaze weighing no emotion as he ambled down the familiar hallway- gradually advancing faraway from the crowd and submerging into the darkness gaping at him.

The sole of his shoe clicked against the flooring which resonated through the void path, halting in front of the door that was situated at the core of the building- sequestered and clandestine.

A figure emerged from the dimness, partially blocking his way with the outstretched arm ahead and the boy glanced up at him, apathetically.

"Really?" The boy bit back the urge to scoff, turning around and tugging at his jacket with a roll of his shoulder, making his built back muscles taut so as to reveal the black tattoo inked onto his nape- three quarters of which was beneath the thin material of his white shirt yet the outline of the symbol stood evident and vivid against his pale skin.

"For?" The man supposedly guarding asked, looking expectantly at the younger, "None of which you should know" He curtly hurled back, readjusting the jacket draped around his torso.

"Go" The elder nodded, swiftly opening the door and the boy walked in- eyes floating across the confined space and soon a click reached his ears, assuming it as the door being closed but regardless, he remained unfazed.

The dark silhouette outlining the figure that belonged to a female caught his sight- her back facing him as she stared at the panorama from the closed glass window.

The girl sensed his presence- spinning around on the tips of her tapering red high-heels, strands of her freshly dyed deep red, pin-straight hair swaying by her back as she did so, now facing him.

His eyes hastily eyed her attire- the black leather holster laced around her thigh, slyly showing itself from the brim of her skin-tight red dress that barely reached mid-thigh and his gaze settled onto the cigarette clung in between her fore and middle finger- reduced to a good size.