12

Tonight, you and I, we fall into it

"This is what you mean by I'm going to be a part of it?" Soyoung asked, crossing her arms with a frown and Hendery shrugged

"You still are a part of it, just not literally" He stated and she rolled her eyes, "Yeah sure".

"I thought we had it at the arena" Soyoung muttered out to herself, giving Hendery a glance before her eyes flickered over to the partying crowd in front of her.

"Who's taking part in it?"
"San and—"
"Actually, it was suppose to be me but I let him instead" The familiar honey-like soft voice spoke up as she slid into the seat infront of the bar counter.

Soyoung and Hendery turned to face her, "You're lucky to ride with him" Yeri remarked with eyes trained on what she clutched in between her fingers- her nails clinking against the delicate glass as she twirled the clear liquid inside before pressing her red stained lips on the brim, tasting the raw content down her throat.

"Who?" Soyoung asked, not knowing whom she referred to as 'him'.
"Does she not know?" Yeri raised a brow at Hendery and he clicked his tongue, "I was speaking when you interrupted me, Kim".

"Ain't anything new Wong" Yeri let out a small laugh, placing the glass down on the counter top.

Soyoung slacked off the conversation, feeling out of place since she was unaccustomed to the entire situation and the racer club.

"No police scanners are installed. I'm pretty sure by the 2nd lap of the race the police would arrive" Yeri spoke out- her tone sounding casual as she mentioned about the police.

"Police patrols?" Soyoung asked with eyes slightly wide and she nodded in conformation.
"They do happen, especially at temporarily closed-off public roads at night- just like this one".

"They will manage" Hendery waved her words aside and she nodded in agreement, having a hand full of experience with such a scenario.

"The race is to begin soon, hurry you two" Yeri gave Soyoung's shoulder a pat as she walked past the two and sauntered through the maze.

"You're riding in the Corvette tonight" Hendery spoke out and she snapped her head up to face him with eyes widen in disbelief.

"Mark? Why him?"
"Cause he was the one who asked for you" Hendery grinned and her breath caught up in her throat, her heart quickening its pace at those mere words.

"Wasn't going to call you in for the race- didn't want my recruit to get bullied by the other club members"
"Sure, you're exaggerating now" Soyoung laughed it off and his gaze remained unwavering on her, face void of any expression.

Hendery scoffed before leaning down closer towards the girl- his face inches away from hers and she instinctively took a step back- the cold marble pressing against her back sending chills down her spine.

"Should I remind you the underworld works differently, Soyoung?" His brow gradually raised and Soyoung didn't utter a word- his stern gaze and the close proximity between the two forcing her to stay tight-lipped.

Hendery pulled off, standing back straight and Soyoung exhaled out, not even realizing she held her breath all along.

"Everything depends on your rank. Lesser the rank, the worst you're treated" He added and she gave a slight nod- hands clenched tight in attempts to calm herself down, her heart still thudding within her chest at his unanticipated move.

"Let's get going" With that he walked away and the girl hastily trailed behind him, quickening her pace to catch up with him.

Stepping out of the party hall the cold beeeze nibbled at her skin making her take a step behind the boy, partially shielding herself.

"I see the cars set, go" Hendery gestured towards the line of cars not-so-far away and her roaming eyes landed on the glistening, flame red stingray in the centre.

Soyoung gave Hendery one last glance before making her way towards the car. Nearing the line, she caught sight of Mark who was leaning against the side of his car while conversing with Yeri.

Both their attention drifted over to the girl who halted in front of them- the corner of Mark's lips tugging into smirk at her presence.

"—if anything, just pull over" Yeri continued and he swayed his head to his side knowingly before turning to face Soyoung.

"Of course, our newbie is my responsibility for tonight" Mark ranked his eyes over her figure and the girl looked away, flustered under his gaze.

"And you're not repeating it this time- you don't want him to get angry again" Yeri stressed out and Mark rolled his eyes in annoyance at her unasked assistance.

"Fine" He curtly nodded, bringing their conversation to an end as he rounded the car- hand on the car door before he looked up at Soyoung.

"Get in" Soyoung nodded and she slipped since the passenger seat, watching Yeri step back and out of the track.

Mark wrapped the black leather glovelette around his right hand. "Ready?" He asked in a low voice, briefly glancing at the girl who sat tensed against the seat, "Maybe?".

He wordlessly nodded, rolling his shoulders back as his muscles taut and flexed- the white tshirt tightly clung onto his torso evidently outlining his built physique beneath the thin material and Soyoung looked away, feeling like she was intruding his privacy.

The flagger positioned himself, now standing in front of the line of cars and Mark raised his hand up, fingers curling around the steering wheel- his body lay composed and placid against the soft leather of the car seat.

Soyoung strapped the seatbelt across her torso before her eyes drifted to her front, slightly anxious since she didn't know what to expect from her very first race experience.

"It's going to be a rough ride and your best, don't want to miss even a second Youn"
His words drowned in the strident sounds of cars purring yet she caught onto his words, giving her a small nod in response though he couldn't see her.

And with an up-down motion of the flagger's arms- his foot fell on the throttle and the engine roared to life sending the girl thrown against her seat as the car advanced forward and ahead.

My keyboard keeps autocorrecting Soyoung to Doyoung help 😭💀