6

It's only the beginning,
The limitless me

Soyoung snapped out of her daze at his voice, "What?" She uttered out, tilting her head as she blinked to register his words

"That," His eyes flickered over to the hood of the car and back at her, "Is still hot" He stated, releasing his hold on her hand.

"Oh, oh yes" She wordlessly nodded in acknowledgment, taking a step back from the car.

"Stupid" She cursed herself under her breath, slightly shaking her head at her conduct.

"Here," San called out, pressing the money onto her outstretched palm and the girl offered him a smile- dimples evident on her cheeks, "Thanks" She gave a nod, sliding the money inside her pocket.

Mark walked over, reclining against the side of his car, "Newbie?" He cocked up a brow, giving the girl a quick glimpse while he crossed his legs at his ankle, shifting his weight onto one leg.

"No, she mend my car the other day" San raised a finger that randomly pointed up in the air, "Yesterday" Soyoung cut in, eying his hand.

"Oh yea, yesterday- whatever" San waved aside paying no mind to the day he was indicating about, "And you are in debt?" Mark asked almost like he knew what the situation had been and he nodded in agreement.

"I actually forgot my wallet the other day" San spoke in a soft voice, scratching his nape, embarrassed and Mark shrugged, "Not surprised".

Mark's eyes flickered over to the girl- eyes ranking over her figure, slowly and observantly before settling down on her face.

"Why is she here?" Mark jerked her chin at the girl who stood in front, "Thought she would fit in well, she's a Mech after all" San responded with a warm smile.

A scoff left Mark's lips, hand extending out to reveal his palm that was enclosed with the black leather glovelettes that had a few of the white fibers peeking at the hem of the material, looking slightly old and fray yet in an endurable condition, before gently placing it on the hood of his car.

Soyoung looked up at him, not failing to observe how he had a mocking expression plastered on his face while his fingers mindlessly played with the lustrous silver earring that stood arched on the helix of his ear.

"What so funny?" Soyoung asked, her eyebrow raising as her eyes narrowed down on him, slightly offended.

"Don't you think a Mech should know that the hood of the car would still be hot right after a ride?" He counter-questioned, tipping his head back as his eyes wandered around the night sky that loomed over them.

Soyoung paused, her fingers curling into her palm as her lips pressed into a thin line at those words- usually she wouldn't back off to defend herself but this time he had a point, a fair point.

"Whatever" She mumbled under her breath and he glimpsed back at her with a small grin dancing on his naturally red stained lips.

"You're too easy to manipulate" He clicked his tongue disapprovingly and her forehead creased, "And you over analyze things" She pointed at him, shaking her head lightly- both of them too engrossed in their conversation to even notice San's absence around them.

"Also, I never said I admitted it" She crossed her arms, chin raised to prove her point and he swayed his head to the side with a yeah-sure look on his face, amusedly.

Mark's black eyes skimmed through his surroundings and back at the girl, now turning to fully face her, "You came in without a company?" He asked, initiating a normal conversation and Soyoung simply shrugged.

"I have no friends, if that's what you're asking" She replied inching towards the car, now standing beside Mark.

Soyoung ran a gentle hand on the side of the car, feeling the cold exterior under the pad of her fingers, "You've some good taste" She remarked with a satisfactory smile gradually making its way on her lips.

"Uh, well, no touching" His hushed voice resounded right beside her ear and something about his tone made her pause- not exactly demanding yet his words held some weight and she retracted her hand almost immediately as though she was demanded to follow him.

"It's not like your car is going to crumble at my touch" She muttered out more to herself but since he was standing right beside her, he could clearly catch onto her words.

"You would've known if you were a part of this world" He stated while ripping the two thin strips of his velcro glovelettes apart with an oddly pleasing sound, pulling it off his hands revealing his pale skin beneath.

"This world?" Her eyebrow quirked, watching as he rounded the car- one hand on the metal handle of the car door while the other was placed on the roof.

"There's more to what you see" He said, giving the car two gentle strokes and noticing how her face flickered with amusement but soon washed out into an apathetic gaze the corner of his lip slightly curled up.

"I don't think I would ever willingly become a part of this racing world" She responded with her gaze unwavering on him.

The grin on his lips gradually widened and he briefly nodded at her statement, "We'll see about that" With that he slid inside the driver seat, shutting the car door close as his fingers hastily strapped the belt around his torso.

Soyoung stepped backward and the car streaked forward.

How do you find the book so far? 👀