52

Along with the thumping beat
This atmosphere got all tangled

Soyoung was too astound to register the happenings, her heart thumping in her chest and she didn't dare to take a glance at what was going on in the hallway

Her mind was clouding with thoughts and all the other sounds drowned, reaching her ears smothered, her hand still cupping her mouth.

Stay here, it's the best for you. Yeri's words replayed in the back of her mind and she crammed herself closer to the wall, her feet rooting onto the ground as every ounce of her body refused to step out.

The bodyguard beside Hwiyoung made an immediate attack and Yeri's grip on the handgun stayed secure, her aim shifting onto the man and shooting him in his leg.

Soyoung flinched at the gunshot that resounded the expanse, the sound so loud that it ripped her ear-drums and her eyes screwed close for a brief second before they reopened— pupils dilated, appalled.

The man crumpled to the floor, the blood oozing out of his leg trickling onto the white marble and pooling around him.

Taking the chance, Hwiyoung rammed a fist to her elbow making her unclench her palm that was wrapped around the gun and it slipped out of Yeri's hand. She was caught off guard for a brief second and that delayed her reaction, though her eyes hastily shifted onto Doyeon, the girl was quick to snake an arm around her neck and pinned her to the wall, face-front.

Yeri grunted in pain, her face pressed to the wall yet she stayed relatively composed, not thrashing around, "Don't try Ri, you can't win over us" Doyeon muttered, pressing her forearm on Yeri's shoulder and pushing her further into the wall.

Yeri let out a chuckle, her parted lips curving into a smirk, "Let's see" She breathed out, her free hand slowly but surely sliding down to the thigh holster and warily, her fingers curled around the knife, a movement so negligible that no one would notice.

But before Yeri could make a move, her gun was now in Hwiyoung's hands, pointing right at her head and she froze, her breath hitching in her throat.

"Don't try Yeri" Hwiyoung menaced, curving his finger around the trigger, his eyes holding no emotion as they stared at the girl in Doyeon's hold.

"Where's Soyoung?" He asked, briefly skimming through the surroundings for any sight of the girl and when he caught onto nothing his gaze dropped back onto his sister, "Tell or I'll pull the damn trigger!" He yelled in rage, pressing the muzzle onto her forehead.

Yeri let out a sharp breath at the pain flaring her forehead from the edges of the muzzle imprinting onto her skin, yet her smirk never left her lips, "Do it" She hissed with a roll of her eye, her stance languid.

Soyoung couldn't simply stand and watch everything go down, her heart rebelled otherwise but she didn't know what to do. She didn't want anyone to get out of the casino wounded while in the process of trying to keep her safe and sound.