7

From here on,
The chain begins

Soyoung stretched out her extremities as she laid on her bed- the soft mattress below her providing her with enough comfort yet she found herself tossing and turning around, sleep never finding its way so effortlessly on her

Lying supine, her eyes aimlessly roamed around her room- the everlasting stillness encircling her made her sigh out, engulfing her into boredom.

Her head rested on the raised unclenched palm behind, eyes staring at the white ceiling. Her forefinger and middle held the slim card in between, fiddling around with it as she mulled over her thoughts.

And the first thing to find its way onto her wandering mind was him.

Mark Lee.

The vivid image of him engraved in her mind- his low deep voice, the gentle touch of his calloused palm embracing her hands, the strong earthy-wood fragrance of his perfume still lingering in her senses and the little conversation they shared.

Though it wasn't her first time indulging in a conversation with a boy- a pretty boy at that, something about Mark felt different- admittedly, he was dangerously beautiful to even exist in this world.

Almost every time his slitted, glistening black eyes pierced into hers she found herself getting captivated in his gaze like a siren luring in sailors with her mesmerizing song.

Mark, Mark, Mark.

Despite attempting to keep her mind off his thoughts, her mind crept back to him and she couldn't comprehend if it was out of plain curiosity- the way everyone at the arena spoke so admiringly of the very famous Mark Lee or if it was something she personally felt towards him.

Soyoung exhaled out, dismissing her thoughts as she leaned over, slipping the card inside the bedside stand before rolling on her bed, and tugging onto the thick duvet overlaying her body, she soon drifted off into a deep slumber.

"Yea- yes, I'm starting," Soyoung spoke through the phone that was tucked in between her ear and shoulder, trying her best to hold the phone in position while her fingers delved in her jean pockets for her car keys.

"Classes are over mum," She answered, making her way towards the parking lot and a sigh escaped her lips at her mother who continued to bombard her with endless questions.

"I'll get home in half-an-hour or so—" Soyoung paused, eyes narrowing down on the stranger who leaned against her Volkswagen Polo.

Soyoung tilted her head to the side in perplexity- his black shirt neatly tucked in his deep blue jeans standing coordinated with the sunset red car, his curly black hair messy on his forehead as he kept his gaze fixated on the phone in his hand.

"I'll call you later, bye" With that she shoved the phone in her pocket, approaching him.

Noticing someone's presence around, he hastily glanced up and upon catching sight of the girl his eyes halted on her, eyebrows jumping up in surprise yet he made no effort to move.

"That's.. my car" Soyoung began, pointing at the car he was currently reclined against and he nodded, "I know" He replied, pushing himself off the car as he straightened himself, standing stably on his feet.

"Choi Soyoung, right?" He asked with his unclenched palm pointing at her and she nodded, "Yes, you are..?" Soyoung trailed off, squinting her eyes on the boy.

"Hendery," He introduced, "Must've heard my name at the arena" He added with a grin dancing on his pink lips.

Soyoung wordlessly blinked before it dawned on her that he was indicating about the racing arena last night, remembering how Yeri had mentioned his name once.

"Oh, yea," She nodded, "And what does that have to do with me?" She stepped forward, clutching the keys in her hand while the other found its way towards the car door.

"Mind lending me some of your time?" Hendery asked, placing a gentle hand on the roof of the car, "Um, sure thing" Soyoung shrugged, withdrawing her hand drop its grasp on the handle.

"What is it about?" She initiated, crossing her arms as she turned to face him, awaiting for him to proceed.

"We can have a talk, but before that," He paused- eyeing the car, her and her clenched palm that clasped onto the keys, "Take me out on a ride" He spoke up, jerking his chin towards the car and she paused, eyes widening by a fraction.

"What, What?" She uttered out, mind gradually registering his words.

Hendery raised his shoulder to a shrug, "You heard me, Soyoung" He muttered out, fingers lightly tapping onto the cold exterior of the car.

Soyoung's eyes flickered to the car and back at the boy who stood ahead of her, "Uhh, well about that," She broke her sentence mid-way and his brow raised, watching as her hand pulled open the car door, a small smile lingering on her lips as she slid in the seat.

Soyoung glimpsed up at the boy who amusedly stared down at her through the rolled down window, "Get in the car" And at those words that slipped her lips, Hendery's grin widened.

This book has a looong way to go..