26

Don't try to wake up,
Just fall into the mood

Soyoung raised her hand- fingertips touching his chest as she gave him a slight push away from her, "I'm being serious Mark"

His chest lightly heaved as he let out a deep chuckle, palm detaching from the wall and dropping onto his sides- straightening himself as he distanced from the girl.

"So am I" Mark replied with a cheeky smile drawing on his face before he spun around on his heel and walked away.

Soyoung softly sighed, biting the inside of her cheek to restrain herself from smiling before trailing behind Mark.

His hand lowered onto the switch and the white fluorescent led hung above flickered bright, spotlighting the flame red car while blacking out its surround.

"Last night must have been a rough ride" Soyoung remarked, stepping under the light while eyeing the car.

"It was" Mark responded, taking a long drag of his cigarette with eyes staring faraway- his hand tugged onto the nearby chair as he seated himself down, propping his feet on the wheel while his hands gripped onto the metallic rim fixated around it.

"Mark, is everything okay?" Soyoung asked- tone hinting concern, "Why?" His brow raised up to his hairline, voice much hoarse and guttural from the smoking, staring at her.

Soyoung averted her eyes, feeling the weight of his intense gaze, "Nothing," She softly shook her head, "You seem too calm to be normal".

Though her tone was much softer and hushed, he caught onto the words and his shoulder shook as he silently laughed, "Do I?".

"Kinda" Soyoung uttered, "To be honest, everyone does seem calm- it's just me.." She trailed off, shrugging aside her thoughts.

"Take a seat" Though Mark's words reached her ears, she barely caught onto them- her attention already earned by the hood of the Stingray that was yawning invitingly and her feet instinctively pattered across the floor, heading towards the car, intrigued.

Mark glimpsed at the girl, watching as she leaned over with her hands on either sides of his Corvette, honey brown eyes focused on examining the engine- her nails softly clinking each time it connected with the lustrous metallic exterior.

"Youn," Mark called out, earning the said girl's attention. "Yeah?" Her eyebrow raised, waiting for him to proceed.

Mark jerked his chin in the direction of his Corvette and glancing at his line of sight, she noticed him pointing at her hands that rested on the car.

"No touc—"
"No touching, yea I know" Soyoung interjected, concluding the familiar statement while raising her hand off the exterior and crossing them across her chest.

"You have a weird obsession over your car, don't you?" She muttered with slumped shoulders.

His hand raised to his mouth, lips closing down on the stick hung in between his fingers- high cheekbones prominent, jaw clenching and unclenching as he inhaled the fumes and let the smoke dissipate through his parted red lips.

"I don't like it when others touch what's mine" He answered, drifting his attention onto her- his black eyes lingered on her for a few seconds and the girl shifted on her feet, feeling self-conscious.

"Also," She diverted, her gaze landing on something, "That slick might need a replacement" She pointed out, jerking her chin towards the smooth, soft rubber tyre as her eyes roamed across its frame to spot any defect.

Mark did not bother listening to her words, his slitted gaze piercing into hers and she avoided his eyes, feeling her heartbeat spike at the mere eye contact they held.

"Ask" Mark began, "You have a lot on your mind, don't you?" He expectantly looked up at the girl through the swirl of thick smoke that encircled him- eyes gradually falling onto the girl who partially peeked from behind the gaping hood of the car.

"Umm, I'm sure I will get my answers when I need to hear them.." Soyoung trailed off, offering him a smile- the soft dimples curving onto her rosy cheeks and he simply looked away, swept away with the chain of thoughts gnawing at his mind.

Standing up, his free hand reached over for his jacket and flung it over his shoulder while the other had the cigarette—reduced to half its size— hung in between his fingers.

Walking over, "Move" He softly mouthed, gesturing with a wave of his hand and she nodded, stepping back to provide him with enough space.

"Umm," Soyoung reluctantly began, no being able to contain it to herself, "The bikers Changbin spoke about- who are they?".

"Curious now?" He chuckled, extending his hand that clutched the cigarette, "Hold".
"Huh?" She uttered out, dubious if she had heard him right.

"You heard me," He muttered, shoving his hand further and the girl awkwardly held the thin stick in her own, cautious to have the ignited tip farther away from her skin.

"The bikers have alliance with Pheonix" Mark answered while seizing hold of the hood- his pale fingers gripping tight onto the flame red coated metal as he lowered it to a close with an audible click, "They are from the Daegu ring".

"Daegu- really?? Thought it wasn't involved in anything dealing with the underworld" Soyoung uttered, humming in acknowledgment.

"Lived half of my life in there and yet I am not fully aware" She laughed if off and Mark turned to face her, inching closer- his hand latching onto her wrist before raising it up to his vicinity.

"There is much more for you to unravel," He stated, slipping his slender fingers through hers- the warmth radiating from his callous palm enclosing hers and she tensed up, breath hitching in her throat with her heart skipping miles.

His index and middle finger closed down on the cigarette, tugging at the end of the stick as he slid his hand out of her hold and let his fingers slip out like an entwined knot being untied, "And, this is just the very beginning Youn".

Everyone probably lost their interest in this book cause I update once in a blue moon wbk 🤡😔