32

I threw myself with trust in me
But why am I being swayed?

Mingi rested his arms on the railing, bending over and letting his eyes rank over Soyoung's face, "Actually," He began but the girl did not move, not even taking a glimpse at him but she could practically feel his piercing gaze on her

"You don't look anything like him, not at all" He stated before standing back upright and a scoff escaped her mouth in disbelief, Him? Who, him?.

Before Soyoung could voice out her thoughts, a hand came latching onto her forearm, making the girl slightly flinch under the uninvited touch.

Glancing over her shoulder, she spot Mark.

"Let's go" Mark spoke, gripping the girl tighter as he tugged her towards him- fully aware of Mingi and Chan who had their eyes on the two.

"Go ahead, take your Miss girl" Chan snickered, grinning wider at Mark as though he was entertained by getting under his skin, deliberately.

Mark looked at the girl in his hold, jaw twitching as his eyes pierced into her honey brown swirls, "Come" He jerked her arm and she followed his footsteps, walking away from the two.

"What the hell were you expecting interacting with them?" Mark rasped, dragging the girl to his front and Soyoung glanced down at his hand that clasped her wrist, "It hurts, Mark".

Mark looked down with furrowed brows at his own hand and realizing his firm grip, he soon let go off her, "Sorry, I just-" He broke off, his stern gaze turning soft the moment his eyes met hers.

"Forget about them, they were just trying to get on your nerves" He stated, waving a quick hand in the air, walking over to the end with eyes floating at the race ahead.

Soyoung wordlessly stood beside the boy with her eyes staring at him- his black hair lay disheveled, white shirt messily tucked in his jeans with a black jacket clung over.

"There's grease on your jacket" Soyoung pointed out and he glanced down at the spot her finger was directed at, "Oh," He muttered out with a soft click of his tongue.

His hands grasped onto the cloth and without a second thought he pulled it off his torso- his built back muscles taut as he rolled his shoulders back, discarding the jacket onto his arm.

Soyoung caught a glimpse of his now exposed arm and biceps, the plain white wifebeater stuck onto his skin, outlining his physique beneath the almost translucent material and it took her quite some effort and determination to hold herself from downright staring at his body.

"Where were you?" The question slipped her mouth, beginning to get doubtful at his absence since he had always been the one to mark his place at every race.

Mark looked at her with a raise of his eyebrow before speaking up, "Garage" He replied, turning his attention back onto the proceeding race.

Her eyes lingered on him for a few seconds, mulling over his words but remembering the grease that was smeared onto his jacket, she assumed it was a lubricant and decided to buy his answer.

"Hendery, I don't see why I have to mark my place here—"

"I didn't recruit you in for nothing. You-"

What was he going to say?

"Mark," She called out, tone stern and he hummed, awaiting her to speak, "Why was I recruited?" Her question caught him off guard, surely, but he barely let the faze show on his face.

Soyoung expected him to go 'What's with that odd question', 'Of course cause of your skill' or something along those lines but instead, "What did those guys mention for you to ask me this?" He asked, looking down at her.

Smart, She bit down on her lower lip, failing to get a response from him, "Nothing, I was just wondering.." She trailed off, shaking her head.

Though he was not satisfied with her reply, he did not voice out his thoughts- his red lips pursed into a thin smile, well-aware of what her very question intended.

Soyoung curled her fingers into her palm, in two minds and a tinge of guilt stroke her, knowing she probably sounded like she was doubting him- which she wasn't.

Am I overreacting?

"Sorry" Soyoung began softly, looking down at her fidgeting hands, "That was rude, I didn't mean to" She broke off, exhaling out deeply.

"Youn" Mark called out, voice lowered to something above a mere whisper and her breath caught up in her throat, heart already blundering in her chest at how he addressed her.

"Yeah?" She looked up, meeting his black eyes that were already set on her.

"Did you mean it?" He asked, staring downright into her eyes, "About?" She mumbled in a low voice, gulping down the lump in her throat, anxious about what he was to question her.

"When you said you trust me?" His voice low and raspy, tone candid as he looked at her.

Soyoung wordlessly blinked, ranking her eyes over his face- a hint of expectancy dancing his his black swirls and she questioned herself once again.

Do I really trust him?

Conflicting thoughts surfaced her mind and she looked away, not being able arrive to a single, coherent answer at his unanticipated question.

"I-"
"Forget it, your reply wouldn't change anything" He interjected, waving aside her words upon noticing her distinctly visible reluctance.

Mark hastily glimpsed at the time displayed on the huge screen on the side, "Oh, it's nearing the end" He muttered, diverting the topic and drifting his gaze onto the race.

Soyoung did not say a word, simply staring ahead at the race alongside the boy- no words escaping either of their lips, lulling them into tranquility.

If you did see any mistakes or typos just ➖👄➖ and act like you never saw them 🤫

Well, who do you think was the 'him' Mingi referred to as? 👀