27

Your presence is still here,
Killing me again

Soyoung sat leisurely against the leather seat of her sunset red Volkswagen Polo with hands clasped onto the steering, honey brown eyes focused at the sight ahead- propelling her car in circles and drifts out in the open area surrounding the headq...

Soyoung sat leisurely against the leather seat of her sunset red Volkswagen Polo with hands clasped onto the steering, honey brown eyes focused at the sight ahead- propelling her car in circles and drifts out in the open area surrounding the headquarters.

At every skid of the tyre round the corner, a dust storm raised up in the air, clouding her car and a smile curved on her lips in satisfaction, feeling the car come to life under her touch.

The light brown haze engulfing the car gradually faded to a translucent blanket, her gaze catching onto the faraway and quick to spot the very familiar figure leaning on the wall with eyes staring at her.

Mark.

Pulling her car over to where he stood, she rolled down the window glass, raising her chin up and peeking from the open, "Why are you.. just standing in there like that?".

Mark dropped his crossed arms to his side, stepping towards her car- both hands resting above on the roof as he bend lower to have her in his sight.

"Watching you" He replied staring into her eyes and she looked away with thumping heart.

Mark pulled the car door to an open, sliding in the passenger seat, "Drive, I'll guide you" He uttered, jerking his chin at the steering wheel and she furrowed her brows in bewilderment, "Huh- now? Where?".

"Why, busy?" His eyebrow quirked up questioningly while raising his hand over the head rest and locking his fingers together, "I planned on getting home early tonight-" She broke off, shaking her head as she brushed aside her thoughts, "Wasn't going to turn you down though".

At those words, a teasing grin etched onto his red lips, eyes darting over to the girl with curiosity dancing in them, "Feels nice to know" He muttered, softly drumming his fingers on the leather seat, pleased at her reply.

Soyoung smiled, eyes fixated ahead as she cranked the engine up and with a thrum the car roared awake- one hand gripping the steering secure while the other was wrapped around the gearhead.

"Seatbelt" She reminded, switching the gear and Mark stared at her wordlessly for a few seconds before his hands hastily pulled the strap over his torso and clicked it lock.

Soyoung glimpsed at him, ready?, she thought to herself and like he could read her mind, he gave a quick nod and at his cue, her feet promptly fell on the throttle, accelerating the car which rapidly picked its momentum down the road.

The rest of the ride was silent- just Mark's occasional 'left' and 'right' being heard over the faint 90s music that lingered in the background.