2

Without a fear I'm drowning in the dark

The endless chiming of the loud music in her ears, nose scrunched up at the unpleasant smell of the alcohol and sweat that infiltrated her senses, the flashing blue and red lights dancing in front of her eyes almost blinding her vision made her sh...

The endless chiming of the loud music in her ears, nose scrunched up at the unpleasant smell of the alcohol and sweat that infiltrated her senses, the flashing blue and red lights dancing in front of her eyes almost blinding her vision made her shut her eyes close, hands reaching onto her temples at the pestering ambience of the party she was currently standing at.

Hidden Cellar- the location where the address on his card led her to.

Though she was well accustomed to parties it still felt like a new place- the area was chaotic with the suffocating mass of people yet much luxurious than any other she had been to. Every ounce of her desperate to exit the place yet she was left with no alternative but to await his presence.

Hidden Cellar.

How ironic is the name.

Her honey brown eyes hastily skimmed through her surroundings, her back resting against the marble counter of the bar and a groan slipped her lips upon catching sight of no familiar faces.

"Do I wait or..?" She trailed off, debating within herself as her fingers rhythmically drummed on the black marble beside.

"Hey" The deep, hoarse voice lingering right next to her ear made her whip her head around, eyes widened at the unanticipated action.

Her eyes ranked over the person who bent lower to her height, "You caught my eyes of all the other girls in here" He let out in a low voice barely above whisper with a smirk plastered on his pink lips before he stood back up straight, now visibly towering over her figure.

Soyoung wordlessly blinked trying to register those words, "What?!" She uttered out in disbelief, "Really— your attire stands out a lot" His raised finger pointed at her and she looked down at her clothes- cerulean blue jeans and a plain white crop top hugging her torso.

"Oh" She mumbled out, eyes drifting over to notice his all black outfit that sat clinging onto his built physique and meeting his piercing gaze she looked away, almost intimidated.

"That's not the best way of starting a convo" She muttered out audible enough to the boy who simply chucked at those words, "Well it usually works out, just not you" He shrugged, crossing his arms as he leant against the counter.

Soyoung remained silent, eyes wandering around aimlessly and he looked down at her, "I had never seen you around- not from Seoul?" He questioned, initiating a casual conversation.

"Daegu. Hasn't been long since I moved to Seoul" She replied and he slowly nodded with a brow raised.

"Daegu has some good racing grounds" He remarked and she cocked up a brow, "Are you a racer?" He lightly clicked his tongue, trailing off to stare far away, "Biker- it's much exhilarating you know" He replied while running a hand down his smooth black hair.

"Not really" She sighed under her breath, shaking her head ever so slightly at his statement.

"I'm Wong Yukhei" He introduced himself, the typical Chinese accent coaxed with his guttural tone evident and she gradually raised a brow, squinting her eyes as she tried to catch onto the pronunciation.

"Lucas, Lucas would do" He added with a warm, welcoming smile on his lips and she nodded, mentally taking a note of his name in her mind.

"I'm Soyou—" She was interjected when the familiar soft, mellifluous voice spoke out, "Lucas, it's about— oh" He paused, eyebrows jumping in surprise upon catching sight of the girl beside Lucas.

Her eyes landed onto the figure ahead, instantly recognizing him- Choi San.

"Oh finally. I—"
"I'm running short on time. How about we talk this out later?" San cut her off and she curtly nodded her head in a 'no', handing over the card back to him.

"You two know each other?" Lucas asked out and the girl shook her head while San nodded.

"Is that a yes or no?"
"Doesn't matter Lucas" Soyoung waved it off before turning to fully face the boy, "Give me the money and I'll leave".

"You surely can stick around for a few more minutes right?" Unbothered to even hear out her response he clutched onto her hand, dragging her along with him while a perplexed Lucas trailed behind the two.

"Wher—"
"You'll see" Was all he said and the girl fell silent as the three sauntered through the relatively lesser crowd, soon walking towards an isolated door that was situated at one end of the area, almost secluded.

"San what—" And before she knew she stepped into what had unveiled itself behind the door- the flurry of the bitter cold air swiftly striking her bare arms sending shivers down her spine, whipping her hair around as she lightly shuddered at the strange feeling.

Squinting her eyes, she warily glimpsed around, eyes gradually widening as her lips parted in revelation at the sight that laid uncovered in front her-

A street racing arena.

Writing this book somehow got me excited so I'll update more often ;)