55

Gotta end it tonight
to start again

Her whole world crumbled down at that very instant

Her emotions outburst as gathering tears lining her eyes, her stomach churning as her heart dropped to her feet, and though she made an attempt to suppress it the soaring emotion at the base of her throat couldn't be resisted, instead letting it all out.

Mark's hand that held hers soon left, the warmth enclosing now no more as the flurry of cold air brushed her skin and all of a sudden she felt empty, like a part of her was missing.

Soyoung impulsively reached onto his hand, "Is it t-true?" She asked in a hushed tone, her voice cracking at the end as she bit the inside of her cheek to recompose herself.

"Sorry Youn" He mouthed, his black eyes staring into hers for a brief second before he had averted his gaze elsewhere, pulling his hand out of her grip. His eyes glinted something— guilt? regret? love? she didn't know, it was an emotion she couldn't decipher.

Yuqi stared at the girl ahead, dropping her hand low to lightly pat the girl's shoulder, "It's okay sweetheart, everything is fair in love and war" She said with a delicate smirk before turning to face Mark.

"Hwiyoung. Pheonix got hold of him, didn't they?" She asked, the underlying vexation evident in her tone and he nodded before clicking his tongue, "Accomplice, really? You didn't have to get them involved".

"Agreed" Yuqi nodded, humming as she mused, "But it's not my choice is it?" She shrugged, her attention drifting onto Soyoung.

"Aw, you thought he was sincerely in love with you huh?" Yuqi asked, tilting her head to her side with her gaze never leaving Soyoung.

"Yuqi" Mark interrupted, glaring at the said girl, "Don't interfere where you don't have to" He stated, eyes briefly flickering onto Soyoung before looking away, deliberately avoiding her gaze.

Soyoung who stared right at him felt the urge to scream, throw and break anything and everything at her sight to relive the rage assembling in her but her voice betrayed her, not a single sound could slip her lips and her feet stood rooting at her spot, unmoving.

Treachery, wrath and agony— that was exactly what the girl felt.

Yuqi parted her lips to speak but before she could the head-splitting sound of gunshot resounded, soon the door hinge fell to floor with a thud before the door swung open, revealing Hendery and Doyeon.

"Don't move" Hendery daunted, aiming the handgun at Yuqi who remained calm, not even a flicker of astonishment on her face could be found.