46

Awaken this complex city
On the gray streets

An entire day had slipped away with her refusing to step out of her room, confining herself to the four walls, yet, Soyoung could not cease her mind from dwelling on the information Yeonjun had given away

She refused to accept that her father had been surreptitiously implicating himself in the underworld, but at the end of the day he returned home with the exact smile on his face, playing about with her naive self while putting up the façade of an innocuous.

Soyoung stood leaning onto the wall with crossed arm, eyes staring faraway at the scenery from the open glass window and an emotion she couldn't comprehend soared in the base of her throat against her intent sending her heart falling to her feet.

It made her question all the past she shared with the elder- someone whom she thought she knew oh-so-well turned out to be fallacious and she didn't know if she was to feel betrayed or raged.

Numerous questions began crawling onto her mind— Did he not trust me enough? Why hide it from us? Were mum and Jun aware of this? How did he get caught up in this? Did he have some connections with the Dragons? Or—

Was he the one to start all of this..?

Soyoung's breath caught up in her gullet, her mind a frenzy at the mere thought and she exhaled out loud with closed eyes, torn between her heart and mind.

When she heard the sound of footsteps within earshot, she pushed away all her thoughts to the back of her head and directed her attention onto the person who had just stepped inside the room.

"Sorry for the delay" The informant mumbles out, giving the watch wrapped on his wrist a brief glance and drifting his gaze onto the others who had convened for the meeting.

Mark waved a hand, dismissing his words and impatiently glancing at the boy who walked over to the round table lying in the middle of the room, "What is it?".

The chairs that were suppose to be around the table were scattered across the entire space with each person taking their place in random corners and the chair that Soyoung refused to use, instead standing near the window, was now occupied by Yeonjun.

"Remember the attack at the arena?" He begins and Soyoung winced at the mere thought, not wanting to reminisce the night that marked the very beginning of this chase.

"The Dragons disguised as the Daegu bikers, wasn't it?" He asked and observing the way he worded, it then dawned on her that he wasn't present on the day of the incident.

"Yes," Hendery answered, gesturing him to proceed, "Right. I know the dealer who has some associations with the Dragons. He might have something to offer us—something about the gang. So, we will be heading to meet him" Yeonjun explained.