42

Between our narrow space
this tension gets higher

"Ah, there she is, my favorite protégée!" Hendery waved a hand in the air, smile sitting on his face as he faced the two who had stepped in the hallway

The perimeter being empty and rid of any presence apart from the Phoenixes, Hendery's words had distinctly reached her ears, "Your fav what?" Soyoung uttered, creasing her forehead in confusion.

Her question went ignored, instead a comment came through, "That was impressive Choi" Hendery smiled but before the girl could utter a word, her attention drifted onto the speaker.

"Sure" Yeri sarcastically muttered, crossing her arms across her chest and glancing outside the balcony with apathetic eyes.

A small laugh left Hendery's lips, "Why, you envy her Kim?" Yeri simply shrugged with her back turned on the others, not paying any heed to his remark.

"Hush up, it's written all over your face" At those words, Yeri shot him a glare to which he offered a smile, cocking up an eyebrow amusedly, "Annoying" She rolled her eyes, diverting her gaze from him.

"Are they always like this?" Soyoung asked in muffled tone, directing her question to San who stood beside her, "Get used to it, their rapport is quite.. um, different should I say? Yeah, that".

Soyoung hummed in response but the emerging thoughts hindered her from indulging in the ongoing conversation, her eyes searching around for the person she had expected to spot.

San waved a hand in front of her face and she jerked her head back, snapping out of her daze, "Searching for him again?" He tilted his head, watching her with amused eyes, well-aware that Soyoung knew exactly whom he referred to as 'him' in the statement.

Soyoung did not respond, averting her head with a flush of red creeping onto her face and his smile widened, "Is it that obvious?" She asked, scratching her nape in embarrassment.

"Yeah, very" San nodded, sliding his hands in his pocket and the girl sighed, lips parting to speak but the approaching footsteps that resonated through the hallway gained her attention.

All their heads turning to face the entrance, eyes settled on the figure that manifested itself around the corner and San groaned out loud, "What now?".

The informant curtly waved a hand in the air, "Nothing, you'll hang about in here" Yeonjun stated, pointing out at San.

"Yeri, I need you for a while" Yeonjun spoke, looking at the girl who raised an eyebrow questioningly, "For?".

"I have someone to meet, might give us the low-down of the Dragons" He answered, "And what does that have to do with me?" She asked, shifting on her feet and dropping her hands by her side.