38

In this world that's busy chatting
I don't wanna be trapped and lost

Soyoung sat upright on the wooden chair which Yeri aided her to seat herself on since simply standing for a prolonged time was also burdensome and in no way would help the laceration speedily recover

Yeri was standing by the table, tapping the outsole of her red high-heels against the flooring as her eyes wandered around the room in boredom while San was seated opposite to her, fingers softly drumming on the wooden handle.

Hendery was reclined against the wall, his hands fumbling around with the papers stacked on the desk that was situated at one corner of the room- his eyes skimming through, not bothering to actually register any of the information.

The sound of footsteps approaching got everyone's attention as they all paused whatever they were doing and turned to face the entrance.

The door swung open, revealing Yeonjun with a black file in his hand and soon Mark stepped in the sight, closing the door behind him.

Soyoung watched as Yeonjun walked over, placing the file down on the stacked papers lying haphazardly on the desk but when the sound of something scrapping against the marble reached her ears, she drifted her attention over to the sound.

Mark dragged a chair and sat himself beside her, his lips pulled up in a small, almost nonexistent, smile and noticing her confused expression, "Just wanted to accompany you" He said, slouching into the chair and she nodded, eyes darting over to the speaker.

"First, I have a question," Yeri began, facing Yeonjun who had nodded for her proceed, "Where's Changbin?" She asked, raising a brow at him, "Daegu, for some work".

"Anything else?" Yeonjun asked and Yeri shook her head, gesturing him to speak and he glanced at the watch on his wrist, a soft sigh before he began with the meeting.

"So, Changbin informed about the strike on the arena last week and recognized them as the bikers— the Daegu ring, right?" Yeonjun asked for confirmation and Yeri muttered out a quick 'yes' in response.

Daegu?

Soyoung clenched her fist, portraying herself composed on the outside but she couldn't seem to stop mulling over it, wondering how her hometown was brought up in the discussion quite often.

Firstly, the bikers, secondly, Lee Chan bringing up the topic of bikers after she mentioned her hometown and thirdly, Changbin who had travelled all the way to Daegu for the so-called 'work'.

What do they have to do with Daegu or the bikers?

Soyoung brought her thoughts to a cease with a shake of her head, concentrating on what Yeonjun spoke instead.

"And how did you arrive to that conclusion?" Yeonjun asked, placing his palm on the table as he leaned forward, eyes briefly flickering over to everyone present in the room.

"Jackets" Mark was the one to answer since he was the only one who had encountered them lastly, "The jackets had the bikers logo. Also, the model of the motorbike they had was an imported one, which, the Daegu ones alone possess" He added and Yeonjun nodded in acknowledgment.

"Right. And after a few inquiries, it turned up that the Daegu hq was also attacked— at the same day and same time as in here" Just as he ended his statement, "What?" San uttered out, wide-eyed.

"Yes, and this confirms that they" He gestured a double-quotation with his fingers as he said 'they', emphasizing on the word, "weren't the bikers themselves, instead, someone else" Observing his statement, Soyoung realized that Yeonjun was the one to give the manager all the information about the bikers on their very first meeting at the headquarters.

"Kinda obvious" Mark muttered under his breath with eyes fixated on his hands that fiddled around with the silver ring on his index finger as he shifted his position in the chair.

Their knees lightly brushed under the table, ever-so-slightly like it hadn't even happened but the mere contact was more than enough to make the girl stiffen.

Her heart hammering as she stared at him with slightly wide eyes- his stance languid and unbothered to even move his leg aside.

"You are staring, beautiful" He muttered in a hushed tone, turning to look at her and winking at her direction with a smirk pulled up on his red lips and she snapped her head to avert her eyes, not even realizing she had been staring all along.

"And—" Yeonjun broke off, eyes falling onto the two who sat directly opposite to him, "If you two can stop flirting and maybe listen, I would appreciate that" A flush of red crept on her face and she wanted the earth to swallow her alive with her eyes refusing to meet any of their gazes, beyond embarrassed.

Mark raised a hand, placing it on the top rail of her chair as he leaned back and stretching his legs forward, "Go ahead" He gestured with his hands, ignoring Yeonjun's remark.

Soyoung straightened herself on the chair, dragging her feet closer to her body and paying all her attention solely to the informant.

"It's the Dragon, they were the ones behind it" Yeonjun stated and the room fell silent, neither of them uttering a word, "Dragon- a crime syndicate with its base in China. They have their members all over Seoul—let alone Seoul—even the whole of Korea" He explained.

"And what do they have to do with us?" Yeri asked, crossing her arms across her chest, "Not sure, yet" He answered with a nod.

"Any info about their members? Like profile, connections or anything else?" Hendery questioned, briefly eying the piled up papers on the desk before meeting Yeonjun's gaze.

"It's highly confidential for me to get my hands on those stuff- they pass incognito and get their work done without any traces. You probably met a member or even held a conversation and you would never know cause they blend in with the crowd pretty well" Yeonjun continued, sliding his hand in his pocket.

"Their secrets stay inside and die inside, nothing ever gets outside the clique. Never." The way he worded it almost had shivers run down Soyoung's spine, acknowledging the situation as nothing elementary to be dealt with.

"So, what's the plan?" Mark asked, raising a brow at Yeonjun, "That's for Changbin to determine- shouldn't take much time now that we have some kind of a lead" He replied with a small shrug.

"And about the forthcoming race, Mark and Hendery," Yeonjun pointed out at the mentioned, "You are to coordinate everything for it but with supplement surveillance, just in case" The two nodded in agreement and Yeonjun offered a small smile in return.

"Yeah, we are done. Meeting dismissed" At his cue, everyone began making their way outside the room but Soyoung refused to make a move, staying still in her seat.

Yeonjun's eyes drew onto her figure, "Yeah?" He arched his eyebrows, awaiting the girl to speak, "Any queries?".

"No. I have something to discuss with you, can we have a talk?"

 I have something to discuss with you, can we have a talk?"

And now gettin' deeper into the plot ;)