11

The waves of emotions rise
Now it's out of control

Soyoung kicked off her shoes, entering barefoot inside the house and making her way upstairs

Soon her feet halted in front of the room that was left isolated since the past three years.

Soyoung stared at the door, heart thumping loud in apprehension and torment. Gulping down the unsettling feeling that gnawed at her guts, she raised her hand gradually- the tips of her fingers hovering mere inches apart from the door handle.

The nostalgia for her past stinging in her heart made her eyes flutter shut, a tremulous breath leaving her lips as her eyelids battled with the tears that lined her eyes.

Reluctantly, she reached out for the doorknob and just when her fingers brushed against the cold metal a voice that emerged from beside startled her and she instantly retreated her hand, dropping it to her side.

"Oh you're home" The person spoke out, now standing beside the girl.

Soyoung clasped both her hands behind her back while turning to face her mother, giving her a nod in response.

"Jay handed over Mr. Kim's car keys earlier" Eunji, her mother, held out the keys and Soyoung outstretched her arm, taking it in her hands.

"Thanks"
"Next time you're hanging out with your friends, inform me" She smiled and Soyoung wordlessly stared at her with lips pursed shut.

I don't have friends.

"I will" She answered, complying with the lie- least bothered to correct her since their relationship wasn't so close-knit.

"And about the—"
"I paid all the bills due for this month, don't worry mum" Soyoung replied, walking past her mother and towards her room.

Eunji glanced at the where she previously stood and back at the younger before she spoke up.

"It's been three years Soyoung. Are you still not over it?" She placed gentle a hand on Soyoung's shoulder and upon getting no response from her, she sighed out.

"Rest" Eunji pat the girl's shoulder before making her way downstairs.

Soyoung breathed out loudly, stepping inside her room and closing the door to a close behind her with a small click.

Lying supine on the soft mattress with arms spread wide, she stared at the white ceiling above in attempts to push away all of her past memories from surfacing her mind because she was afraid that all those mixed emotions she forcefully buried deep inside her would manifest itself all over again.

The notification sound emitted from her phone earned her attention and she rolled over, grabbing onto the phone to view the new message.

Unknown : Meet me in the arena on Wed at 9pm

Who is this|
Who i|
W|

Unknown : Choi ;)

Sure, Hendery

Hendery : Thought you would never realize

You are the only one to address me as Choi
What's with the meet?

Hendery : We have a race set up on Wed

Oh, again?

Hendery : Yes
And you're going to be a part of it

What?!

A short one but I'll give another update so dw :)