17

What are you is what I want to know

"Choi Soyoung!" The emerging voice called out with subsequent opening of the door, earning the said girl's attention

"What is it mom?" Soyoung turned her head to face the elder who ranked her eyes over the stack of books lying open on the desk and back at the girl.

"Busy?" Soyoung shook her head, "No, just some college assignments. What is it?"
"You've a visitor. He's waiting in the hall, come down quick" With that said Eunji exited, walking downstairs and Soyoung followed suit.

It can't be Mark, right?

Stepping into the living room, her eyes landed onto the figure who was seated on the sofa- his platinum blond hair peeking above the couch frame made her halt, eyes wide in realization.

"San??" She uttered out making the boy turn around to face her, a small smile etching onto his lips as he approached her.

"Long time, Soyoung" San greeted, now standing beside her and she returned a thin smile, "Why are you here?" She asked, eyes flickering between the boy and her mother who was busy in the kitchenette.

San noticed the way she barely payed attention to him, her shoulders tense and he bend down to her height, his voice lingering right above her ear, "Did you not tell her about being a part of the rac—"

Soyoung raised her hand, placing her finger on his lips as she hushed him, "Keep it low" She muttered out, lowly glaring at him and he let out a chuckle before standing up straight, nodding in response.

"Mom..?" Soyoung reluctantly began earning the elder's attention. And before the girl could utter a word, Eunji interjected, "Are you two going out on a date?" She asked, raising her brow as she ranked her eyes over San's formal attire.

Soyoung snapped her head with widened eyes as she frantically shook her head, "What?! No, no"
"Then why is he here?" Her tone abruptly stern and the girl panicked, instantly averting her gaze while she made an effort to string a convincing lie.

"Study? Hm, just wanted to study together" San spoke up, his smile curling back onto his lips, soft dimples on show and Eunji nodded.

"So like.. a study date?" At those words, Soyoung ducked her head low, embarrassed and luckily the loose strands of her brown hair falling over the sides of her face covered the red flush on her cheeks.

San glanced at her amusedly, "Right, study date it is" He stated, flinging his forearm over her shoulder as he pulled her closer to him.

"What the hell" Soyoung mumbled out at his actions but his smile never wavered, "Let's go" With that said, he walked away, dragging the girl along.

"Have fun you two!" Soyoung gave her mother an awkward, half-hearted smile before quickly pulling the main door to a shut.

"Your mother takes things very seriously, doesn't she? Must be very protective" San commented, looking down at the girl and she rolled her eyes, pushing his hand away, "Protective? Bullshit. If anything, she's least interested to meddle in with my life".

San hummed in response, both making their way towards his car that was parked outside the entry gates, "Isn't that good? You don't have to answer anyone or explain yourself".

"Maybe? I don't know. Sometimes it's nice to have someone you trust to lean on" She trailed off into a whisper with a sigh and he stared at her with narrowed eyes, his eyes reflecting the exact emotions she shared.

Soyoung paused upon seeing him fall back, glancing over her shoulder, "What?" She mouthed and he shook his head, dismissing his thoughts before catching up with her.

Soyoung's eyes trailed up from the ground to the car in front and her jaw dropped in absolute amazement, not believing her own eyes.

A slick black Bugatti Chiron parked right in front of her and she tilted her head, mulling over the familiar looking car.

"Chiron is naturally fast,"

"The driver's skill matter as well"

"Holy fu- so it was you the other day at the arena?!" She questioned out in disbelief, pointing at his car and he nodded, lips pulling into a slight smile at her reaction.

"You're staring" He stated, seating himself down in the driver seat and she nodded, "I know" She replied, extending her arm not being able to hold in her urge to run her fingers over the exterior but soon paused mid-way.

"Can I touch or you too have a problem with that?" She asked, recalling how Mark had never permitted her to touch his car.

"Odd question," He laughed, "It's not, not if you're with Mark" She shrugged and he nodded in agreement, "But he is that way with everyone, nothing new".

"Go ahead" A wide grin broke out on her pink lips and she inched forward, running a gentle hand over the lush, cold exterior of the Chiron, feeling the dips and curves of the metal under her fingertips.

San watched the corner of her eyes crinkle as her smile widened to reveal teeth, dimples curving down onto her rosy cheeks as she stared at his car in awe.

"You look like you're in love"
"I am though- with the car"
"I'm third wheeling in here now, great" Soyoung let out a laugh at his words, "Fine, let'go".

Soyoung rounded, sitting down in the passenger seat, making sure she had the seatbelt fastened before turning to face him.

"You visited out of the blue, reason?"
"Just, wanted to spend some time with the new recruit. Haven't spoken to you after that day" Soyoung nodded in response, "Like getting to know each other..?".

"You could say so" San raised his one shoulder to a shrug, soon cranking the engine and pacing the car onto the empty streets.

"So.. where are we heading?"
"Wasn't planning on this but now that she said it, I like the idea"

Soyoung raised her brow, bemused, staring at him for his response and the grin on his lips widened- his eyes flickering over to the rear view mirror before speeding the car further.

"Study date, but minus the study part"