Special Moment of Us

Today was supposed to be a perfect day where the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the warm breeze of the summer day at a Park where you and Kaito will be enjoying a picnic date to celebrate his birthday. It was supposed to be like that however the weather is really not on board with your plans.

Pouting, you and Kaito are currently in the living room with the picnic basket and the other things you two were supposed to bring for the picnic placed onto the coffee table. Kaito can only chuckled at how adorable you are being but of course he, too, was a little frustrated that it suddenly rain, ruining the date. But he wasn't a good boyfriend for nothing if he doesn't have a backup plan if the date was to ever be ruined like this one. 

Unwrapping his arms around you, which made you look at Kaito confusingly when he suddenly went upstairs in a rush. Weird, did he needed to use the bathroom? Well, he did ate a lot of chocolate last night. You were glad that you managed to hide the cake you secretly bake for him or there won't be any for today's special occasion, though since it rained it doesn't really matter that much anymore. Should you take it out now?

"I should stop sulking around and at least eat the food we prepared. We can still celebrate his birthday indoors after all!" 

Smiling to yourself, you remember how you and Kaito were excited preparing the sandwiches and the other dishes, it wasn't really that bad when you two couldn't go out since you enjoyed every moment you have with him. Cuddling up in a warm blanket watching a movie while its raining outside sounds more exciting than a picnic. Just as you thought of that, you were startled to see a mountain of blankets and pillows being carried by your boyfriend, who couldn't even see where he's going as he trips onto the hanging hem of a blanket. 

This made your burst out laughing with your boyfriend glaring and pouting at you. It was nice hearing that you're cheerful once again though he didn't fancy being face planted onto the floor which thankfully, the soft pillows and blanket save him from kissing the floor. 

After a good laugh, you helped him get up and while exchanging a grin, you two started working on the perfect set up for an indoor date slash birthday celebration.

***

"We're finally done~!"

After nearly half an hour passed by, you two have successfully build a fort made out of the blankets and pillows with the food you two prepared earlier placed right in front of it. Kaito is already resting inside while hugging a plushie which made you chuckled. Remembering something, you quickly excused yourself and headed off into the kitchen. 

Kaito wasn't aware of what you're planning as the light in the living room went off with only the fairy lights around the fort and a few candles placed on the table his only source of light. Curious, the magician sat up and was in for a surprised when he suddenly hears you singing happy birthday while emerging from the kitchen with the cake in hand and candles lit. A warmth feeling started to came into existence in his chest and his heart fluttering with each step you take closer to him with that bright smile of yours, singing with your eyes fixed into his. How could he deserves such a lovely girl like you? His far too lucky to have you but also loves you so much to want to spend the rest of his life with you. 

Finally in front of your lover, you placed the cake on the center of the coffee table and greeted him once more.

"Happy Birthday Kaito! I'm happy to celebrate this special day with you for the passed 5 years of being together with you. The moment I met you back in high school, I thought you were just a perverted trickster who doesn't have anything better to do but to mess with the girls. However, the longer I got to know you and the longer you started hanging around me, I discovered that I fell in love with the goofy magician of the class, a ball of sunshine I never knew I needed in my life... I love you Kaito, I hope to celebrate your future birthdays in the future. N-now! Make a wish and blow the candle~"

He couldn't helped but genuinely smile with your words. Truth to be told, at the first time he had met you back then, he only planned to mess around with you and pester you however, Kaito didn't expect that in that moment of wanting to annoy you, a new feeling called Love grew within him the longer he spend his time with you. The smile he always tries to waver was now something he wanted to protect, the tears of annoyance you feel towards him was now something he wanted to prevented from shedding and... the you that he only wanted to mess around with became a person he wanted to love for the rest of his life.

No longer wanting to make you wait, he whispers something which you clearly heard making you flustered but also couldn't stopped a smile forming on your face. 

"I already got you so there's nothing more I could wish for."

After blowing the candle, you quickly tackle Kaito to the fort and chuckled as you and him celebrated the rest of the day watching and eating. Having each other like this, in each other's arms with nobody to interrupt a peaceful day with the rain outside making the mood even better, you two fell asleep with stomach full and heart filled with love for one another.

***

[Omake]

While you and Kaito sleep peacefully in the fort, the door to the shared apartment you two owned opened as it reveals everyone holding some presents for the magician. Aoko, Akako, Keiko and Saguru made their way to the living room and was surprised to see the two of you already passed asleep. Aoko and Keiko shoot each other a look as they quickly snapped a picture of the couple and sat down not far away from them and celebrated the magician's birthday without his knowledge. Only finding out when the next morning, both of you and Kaito woke up first before the rest who's fast asleep on the couch and in the fort with you two. 

"Ah, I forgot that they were coming over yesterday." -K.K.

"Geez, you didn't told me you invited them over. I could've reminded you to wait for themmm"- Y.N.

***

A/N: A bit short but I hope y'all enjoyed it~!